New Navara Owner saying Hi.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris C

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have ordered a new D40 STX, twin cab 2.5 manual, it is going to replace my long suffering 2002 HDJ79R Factory turbo cruiser ute.

I looked at a few others, the VW was ok, ut the 2lt eng had me worried with the load I will be pulling, the holden/isuzu held no interest, the Hilux is too old in design and technology along with a premium price with a 4 month wait.

So the Nav won, went with white as it will be a mine site vehicle some times, I am putting a steel tray on, ARB winch bar and HR towbar, I have not decided on which snorkle to use, the safari is UGLY, the Nisan is OK, the Airtech similar but ssems to fit a little better, so not to sure.

It will be getting the tray, lights, towbar, a 40mm ironman constant load kit, along with the EGR blocked, exhaust and chip before it goes anywhere.

Any other tips would be good, I will run the stock rubber till its rooted, and going by the others at work, should only be 15000km and new Maxxis muddies will be going on.

I get to see it tomorrow, even drive it, I hope it serves as well as he cruiser, at 230000km without a single mechanical malfunction, perfect record of never letting me down will be tough to beat.

This will only be my second nissan, after a great run out of a 1992 ST 4.2 petrol lwb patrol, 300,000km with only a clutch.

Got a pretty decent price at a sydney dealer, $3k under any hunter dealer, but mums the word so I dont break any rules on post 1.

I should have it in 7 days.

Welcome to the forum and ongratulations on the purchase. It sounds like you take good care of your cars, the navara will serve you well.

Welcome to the forum and ongratulations on the purchase. It sounds like you take good care of your cars, the navara will serve you well.

Thanks mate, I hope it will, I am pretty careful with oils changes etc, my cruiser (and VX Prado 150) both get oil at 5000km, filter at 10000 (oil too) the cruiser also gets oil dumped, filled, drive for 100km, dump, fill again, every 5000.

Any one who says diesel engine oil gets dirty fast is full of it, cruiser at 5000km is still clean and see through, I also oil sample every change. I am a plant / diesel mechanic by trade, so its all easy.

Gday and welcome mate, only other thing i would consider if your towing big loads is bin the factory clucth and flywheel and go for a solid mass flywheel and heavy duty clutch, it totally transforms them

Another local.

Singleton area I am assuming.

Enjoy the site, hope the D40 serves you well.

Another local.

Singleton area I am assuming.

Enjoy the site, hope the D40 serves you well.

Close, Maitland, or close too anyway.

I work up the valley in a few different mines, sub contract to them.

Recommendations on a snorkel would be good, I think the TJM Airek is the one, but would lke to see other options. drove it today, really good, get it next friday.

I am in Maitland a few other guys on here are to.

Ill keep an eye out for the D40.

Latest posts

Back