Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soybean

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm pretty keen on getting some people together and doing a day run somewhere, like ourimbah state forest, watagans, mt sugarloaf or even a Barrington run.
No set date yet, was just seeing who is keen.
Could even do an overnighter, pretty keen to meet some fellow nav owners.

I could be in though I work every second weekend so will have to se on dates I MAYBE able to get a mate with his D22 to come as well. Dates pending obviously.

yeah mate could be keen after the next few weeks.
Got a couple of mates that are itching to get out too, one in a d40 the other has a amorok.

We were up at the top of the Barringtons last weekend and you won't want to stay overnight. Nice and cold it was. Place was also filled with idiots, there were so many marks left by cars skidding off the ice and plouging into the embankments I reckon I should be buying shares in smash repair companies, I'd make a fortune.

A day run is entirely on the cards. Apart from the Watagans/Barrington/Ourimbah, there's also Medowie SF, Chichester, Sugarloaf - I'm sure Sparra could name a few more close to home.

Dont forget fellas we have the Navara muster on the first weekend of November so keep it in mind, we will be doing a day trip around the southern highlands with some half decent 4x4 along the way.
Also we are gathering heaps of stuff for prizes and raffles at the event, so like Mofo you could walk away with a top prize, he won one of two sets of upper control arms last year from superior engineering.
Not to mention that we are at wombeyan caves so the caves them selves are regarded as some of if not the best in Aus, so after a day in the bush you can get back to camp and check them out.

Rego forms will be up soon

^ just on the "quality" of the caves ... we've been in most of the caves @ Wombeyan, and we've been to quite a few others. We were told that the BEST caves were at Mole Creek in Tasmania, with the "jewel" being Marakoopa with the glow worms, running water etc etc.

Wombeyan Caves beats the pants off them all. Truly spectacular.

I am still wearing those UCAs and have to say they have not missed a beat, not to mention the price was perfect. I'd have to say superior really seem to have done a good job with them.
As for the Muster I'm keen as and am using this day trip as a warm up for the muster, I have my "funding approved" by "the boss" so any weekend I can get it the better, mind I they are few and far between these days.

Sounds good fellas, I've been so keen to get out.
Going to try and make the muster, doing contract work at the moment so I just have to take what I can get.
OneMofo when is a good weekend for you?
Sugarloaf has always been one of my favourites, must of done killy loop about a thousand times haha.

keen to go out - any weekend for me not the 10th of Aug as its my daughter's christening nonetheless keen to go out

How about the 9th? Does that for PBK?? I'm free that weekend maybe 1 other of my mates in a D22. Just trying ton organise to ensure I have the day off. That also gives us 2 weeks to organise where to go. I don't think iv been to many of these places so am keen az Bro!!

I've got a fishing tournament on the 2-3rd of Aug and my wife's birthday on the 9th Aug so if you go any other dates i'm in, but don't change it just for me.

Well I don't really have specific dates but the 9th is sounding good.
Go out Saturday and clean on sunday haha.
Sparra, I rode killy loop and a bunch of other tracks in that area last sunday on my dirt bike and they were dry as anything, so they shouldn't be too bad lol, was almost disappointing not having to cross puddles.

Ill prey for rain then?? Maybe ill plan to wash the car Friday and do ALL my washing then too just to really get the ground wet.

killy loop would be fun today with all this rain
Was there on Saturday, only three out of the seven cars made it through the big gully. We had the winches running pretty hot. It started raining again about the time we were turning around to go back out, super slippery would be an understatement. All made it without panel damage!

Was there on Saturday, only three out of the seven cars made it through the big gully. We had the winches running pretty hot. It started raining again about the time we were turning around to go back out, super slippery would be an understatement. All made it without panel damage!

You mean without panel damage this time don't you Nev??
I`m keen for the 9th have organised to have the day off but look to be working Sunday.

cheers steve

In my back yard any you didnt call in
Dont you love me anymore?:bawling:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back