Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear there wasn't much stopping me. I used the winch later on in the day and it didn't miss a beat. I'll check the control box on the b-bar and see how it faired. I think the unit it's self should be ok.

Edit: laid the new floor today and looks quite good, I also blew out and sprayed the multi pronged plug under the seat and that fixed the issue I was having with the interior light and central locking. Tomorrow I will relay the carpet and put it all back together.
I did find that there were excessive holes made in the floor for the side step reinforcing plate bolts, I think that allowed excess water in so I used some Sikaflex to reseal the holes and well see if that helps. Check the pics and you will see what I mean.
View attachment 16356
View attachment 16357
View attachment 16358

Last edited:
why are my electrics playing up and what is that terrible smell:ha:

you may want to check your winch mate, betcha its got water in it

looking at this pic it looks like you were starting to climb out, so close
It looked like in an earlier pic the tray passenger was pushing you and Nath was about to get his strap and pull you out.

Coupla more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 44
Few more

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 39
Ranga in action

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 39
Last few and thats all i have guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 52
HAHAHA i know teenagers that can't control their cars that well, most just plant the foot and turn the wheel. Nice one Joel!!! Looks wet mate. He is loving it too.

i`m sitting here after 2 days of rain wanting to go out and play in the mud but need to service and fix the ute first, only problem is its too wet to fix. Talk about catch 22.
I have a weird sloshing noise under brakes sounds like it coming from under the passenger floor, strange i know, need to get under and check the breather (if any) on the gear box and probably change the oil out as its possibly full of water.

Didn't you just play in the mud and now you want to do it again?. On a serious note unrelated after dropping the kids off today to school a bloke lost control on a left corner and into a powerpole at 60ks in front of me. He was unconscious and trapped I had to bar his door open get him out and. Nobody stopped until the coppers turned up. I commend Sparra teaching the little bloke advanced driving I taught my girls at 11 in the scub. If this guy steered into the slide rather than jam the brakes on full lock he would of made it. I still am pissed off nobody helped. Rant over wrong section also apologies.

I have to agree, i think in the US they teach drivers ed in schools, so why not do it here?? i mean why is everyone being punished for the young or less experienced drivers when they can be taught in school to drive and drive safe. Good on you for stopping some people won't stop yet they expect other to stop for them when they are in trouble or need help.
Anyways yes i do want to play n the mud it teaches you lots.

Ok so a little up date in the recovery of my poor little 2.5 after driving through that puddle,
I could hear a sloshing noise under the passenger floor and had no idea what it could be so I jumped under this afternoon. This is what i found, its hard to explain but ill do my best, along the body spot welded joins of the cab situated along the edge under the side steps there are what seems to be small drainage hole (see pic below) I figured they were blocked so I stuck a screw driver in a few of them and gave it a tap with the hammer and as you can see I stuck water. (Like 3 ltrs of water) Iv been driving around with this in there since the other weekend. I noticed more this morning as when I hit the brakes water came up through the floor via the scuff plates under the passenger door, I have to source how it got in there in the first place as im almost sure there sounded like more water in there after last nights down pour.
It's hard to see but in the third pic if u zoom in you will see where the water is pouring from then hopefully you will see what I mean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408419283.413608.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408419297.993109.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408419311.544607.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408419324.547052.jpg

thats what there there for mate, let the water in and out, its a good idea to make sure those and the ones in the bottom of the doors and front guards are always unblocked.

I would get the hose out and spray water in there and try and flush out any silt, once you have done that good and proper leave it for a few days to dry out then spray some lanolin up in all the holes until you get signs of it coming back out, you could just use a WD40 type oil but that will dry up much quicker then lanolin

Yeah I gave them and the doors a good clean out plus pulled the passenger side door off and wiped it out as I had not done it yet. Such a relief know that's all the problem was. The only other option I could come up with was fuel in the fuel tank as I had taken a bit of sound deadener out and thought the sound was traveling through the floor. Now for a service using a bit of this stuff (see pic) to clean the sludge out, bought a full Genuine filter kit of the ebays for $70 and I'm ready to go again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408432234.446958.jpg
Not sure if it's effective but am happy to give it ago.

Latest posts

Back