Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have witnessed brads "driving style" plenty of times (usually in my rear view mirror:bootyshake:)
bit rough on the gear but the guy gets results.....every time

9th August is okay for us too. Not sure about an overnight stay yet.

Some details to decide:

1) Where are we going
2) Where should people meet up
3) What time should people meet up

I`m open to suggestions on all 3 Q`s.
Where: Somewhere between Newcastle and Sydney which is where most of us will be coming from (I think)
Meet: A servo for fuel up and pressure test.
Time: fairly early for a full day driving and a lunch stop over maybe 7-ish-ish

Okay the 9th is looking very good.
I won't be able to do an overnight stay.
Well I'm keen for wherever, I don't think there is a servo close to the bush for Killingworth so we'd have to air down on the track and pump back up on the way through edgeworth. Which isn't too far, or we can break out the compressors.
Edgeworth mcdonalds is a convenient meeting spot? Pretty bloody hard to miss.
Will have to be a fairly early start.
As for other locations I have no idea.
One of my mates may be coming in his twin locked defender, for entertainment.

Okay the 9th is looking very good.

I won't be able to do an overnight stay.
Well I'm keen for wherever, I don't think there is a servo close to the bush for Killingworth so we'd have to air down on the track and pump back up on the way through edgeworth. Which isn't too far, or we can break out the compressors.
Edgeworth mcdonalds is a convenient meeting spot? Pretty bloody hard to miss.
Will have to be a fairly early start.
As for other locations I have no idea.
One of my mates may be coming in his twin locked defender, for entertainment.

I can't do an overnighter either but ill be out all day, i can't recommend any places other then Lithgow and Bathurst as iv not done much around sydney, What a bout Watagans?? any more suggestions?? once we find an area we can organise a meet point. I'm happy to meet anywhere and go where ever the mud and rough terrain is.
i also have a small BBQ so may bring some snags, onions and buns etc
So who is actually likely to be in at this stage??

Onemofo D22
+ 1 D22
PBK
Soybean
+1 Defender

The guy im bringing in the defender knows the watagans a bit, from what he's told me its pretty gnarly.
Haven't done lithgow, but if we go lithgow I can convince a d40 and wrangler to tag along I reckon haha.
I'm easy. I haven't done the watagans before and it's probably closer to halfway for everyone so it might be worth a look.

lladner( brad) and i will tag along in his stx
With a 5 inch lift we could be the d22 recovery vehicle :thefinger:
The discovery can stay stuck:rofl:

Last edited:
Sounds like Watagans if everyone is happy with that then?? Have not read much from Brad these days. Been a little quiet.
You know being the passenger that means your the one who runs the hitch out? Haha
What's that big servo before Newcastle called?? It's been awhile (years actually) but from memory it's about the 3/4 mark if your coming from sydney.

OneMofo
+ 1 D22
PBK
Soybean
+1 Defender
Lladner D40
OldTony ??
+ anyone else who wishes to join in

The more the merrier mate.
Im still trying to figure where to meet and what tracks.
Could meet at twin servos.

yeah let meet there seems close enough for everyone. Unless some can come up with a better alternative well stick with that.
Nath your more the welcome to join in i wanna see that Ford dirty already. ;)
PS i know nothing of the Watagans so I'm excited to have a good look around.

Good thinking old.tony! Where can we meet?
I know zilch of the watagans, one of the guys coming with me has a bit of an idea...
I'm going to do some research this week and see what i can come up with.
So far, old mill road and cpt80 are sounding good.

Fingers crossed and Nath makes it, he is good and seems to know most the areas. (Non pressure Nath) I'm sure we can find plenty in there plus it's a weekend so there will be plenty of random people around to point us in the right direction if need be.
Tony that's perfect what time suits all?? Is 7am at the servo too early?? 7:30 - 7:45 next exit??

You guys meet at the servo then head out and take the next exit (Sparks Rd, here's the sign). Turn left at the top of the off-ramp, then left at the T-intersection at the end.

Drive south until you see the cemetery on the right and slow, take the next right. We can all be waiting on one side of the road here or other. From here it's a stone's throw to the forest.

Latest posts

Back