Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep sounds perfect, getting excited already!
Been way too long since i've been in low range!
So yeah try and meet up around the 7:30 - 8 am mark, then explore from there?

Last edited:
12 it's is.
7am at twin servos south of Newcastle
7:30-8:00 at intersection described in OldTonys post above.
Will update with attending names tonight anyone else is welcome.

OK so i finally got around to clearing our deatils up.

What we have so far is;

Date: 09/07/14

1st Meet Time: 0700 - twinservo just south of Newcastle.

2nd Meet Time: 0730 - 0800 just after the cemetary. *Follow Tony`s directions below

UHF Channel: 12

Attending as follows:

OneMofo + 1 D22

PBK

Nath ??

Soybean +2 or 3

Lladner/Sparra

OldTony

+ anyone else who wishes to join in

Thats 8 possible vehicles so far, some will come some will cancel will be a good day anyways.

* Meet at the servo then head out and take the next exit, Turn left at the top of the off-ramp, then left at the T-intersection at the end.

Drive south until you see the cemetery on the right and slow, take the next right. We can all be waiting on one side of the road.

All these datails are subject to change so dont dispare if something doesnt fit we can work around it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan!
I may have another D22 tagging along and possibly a hilux for shits and giggles.
So yeah, will be interesting if we need to turn around on a track haha.
On another subject, is anyone who is attending a half decent photographer?
Some pics of everyone and our trucks in action would be sweet, I'll be taking two go pros.

Last edited:
Christ Sparra, how long have I known you for now and you still get my name wrong lol....
It's LLadnar "NAR" not ner haha..
Anyway very keen it's been awhile.

that's right blow in and pick on me spellin geeez (steve got it wrong to)

and its SIR sparra to you , not christ:ha:

Last edited:
That's coz I copied it from your post. Didn't want to blow in and point that out. You know how these blokes are.

Last edited:
I may have someone with a camera coming its a fairly decent unit as well. So we might get so e good pics out of it. Well update closer to the weekend.

What's watagans like at the moment. Wouldn't mind tagging along but would hate to wreck my truck with no job coz I got made redundant

We're not out to wreck ours either, and we've got a 2+ hour trip home so we don't want to be getting out and pushing it or hoping that the fan-belt-rigged-with-shoestrings is going to last the distance.

Come along mate there should be plenty of variety there with navs of all types of modifications

Yeah I don't think anyone will be out to wreck their truck, I've been doing a bit of research and finding out which tracks are insane, so we'll just avoid them.

I have been running around the last 3 days( thanx for drivin me round lladnAR.) lookin 4 a bomb 4by to thrash about, I don't think the f6 will make it and I am banned from drivin the skyline,it might get stuck too.
Looks like I will ride shotgun with brad unless somethin pops up
now Nissan have announced a 2.3 ltr donk for the d23 I wont be getting one
looks like a patrol or ranger for me next year

anyone takin a bbq?
need to burn sum snags

Are we there yet

Last edited:
Yeah there is a BBQ coming it's not massive but well have atleast one. Ill have a look and may even bring two just incase. A twin turbo might be ok with a 6 speed In it. Will atleast have a better low gearing and with a second turbo it will spool much earlier for the heavier off road action. Ill test drive one and see as I think that's where my old D22 suffers a bit til I exhaust and chip it.
Come on Saturday!!!

not interested in a 2.3 twin turbo 4wd that weighs 1800kg+
Nissan have seriously lost the plot when it comes to 4wd in oz
the patrol is now the only Nissan I would consider a REAL 4wd (new cars)
its a shame cause I was going to pre order one as soon as they were available
looks like a ranger at this stage

Last edited:
Well I'm not willing to write them off entirely yet not till i can have a drive, in saying that your not making a poor choice when it comes to a Ranga, other then being a Ford they seem to be a pretty good unit and they look the goods too.

Latest posts

Back