Newcastle day run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i had an absolute ball yesterday, a great day in the bush with some great people, what more could you ask for?
Once again my Navara has impressed me, even if I felt like a rookie haha.
Definitely looking forward to another run with you guys somewhere and i'll be making the effort to get to the muster this year. Hopefully I won't get the arse, ahh the joys of contract work.
But I reckon, once I get a winch, sliders and a locker sorted it will be worth having another crack at daniels point road.
Thanks to everyone who turned up and it was pleasure to meet all of you!

No problems Mr Soybean, happy you came along made up good numbers plus the 22's out numbered the 40's.
Agreed with the sliders and locker requirement.
Having a couple of issues since that water crossing, my central locking has basically stopped working and I can hear a random relay "click" from somewhere plus all my emergency supplies (first-aid, toilet paper, knife etc) are soaked and the tool boxes are still holding water. May try and pull the carpet out tomorrow after buying some lanolin. And put it all back together later in the week. Going to buy some of this foam cell sticky sound deader off eBay looks ok to replace the current under carpet stuff that's there.

Was an awesome day and am happy to repeat again ASAP. Thanks for coming gents.

No problems Mr Soybean, happy you came along made up good numbers plus the 22's out numbered the 40's.
Agreed with the sliders and locker requirement.
Having a couple of issues since that water crossing, my central locking has basically stopped working and I can hear a random relay "click" from somewhere plus all my emergency supplies (first-aid, toilet paper, knife etc) are soaked and the tool boxes are still holding water. May try and pull the carpet out tomorrow after buying some lanolin. And put it all back together later in the week. Going to buy some of this foam cell sticky sound deader off eBay looks ok to replace the current under carpet stuff that's there.

Was an awesome day and am happy to repeat again ASAP. Thanks for coming gents.
Bugger Steve you always sound so positive despite that bog hole. I could not work out what truck was yours after last year it looked different.

Hey soybean i am terrible at names? Was it josh?
It was a pleasure meeting you and your passenger
You proved yet again how capable the d22 is with a lift and good tyres
It will be a sad day when the last one rolls off the line
I started missing mine when I was following you listening to that beaudesert music

Last edited:
Yeah the exhaust sounds was nice!! Something I need to look Into I think. (Amongst many others).
Ahhh it's all good fun, I stay positive as it means I can work more and spend more on the ute which is part of the fun. Plus the misses was there so she knows what happens and actually believes me for once. Haha.
It's an always changing project, more to do to the tray and a long line of mods to throw on just waiting for the funds to come along bit by bit.

Was that a 3ltr or 2.5? And is it straight all the way through or just muff eliminated. Sounds awesome.

Hey sparra, yes it's Josh, don't worry i'm just as bad with names haha.
Yeah my passenger (shane) kept saying how surprised he was with how capable the navs were with just some basic mods.
Yeah the old 22 has had a good run, will be a shame to see them go, might kick the resale up a little i hope?
Pretty sure the exhaust is one of my favourite mods so far haha, can't beat that turbo whistle, it's a 2.5 CR, it's a beaudesert system with a cat and no mufflers.
I loved your tray by the way steve, looked very well thought out!

Couple more pics from the day.

Attachments

• IMG_6773.jpg
    IMG_6773.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6786.jpg
    IMG_6786.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6803.jpg
    IMG_6803.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6805.jpg
    IMG_6805.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 46
And a few more
As you can see the result of water a weee bit deep and stopping half way.
Ol Loki had a big day.

Attachments

• IMG_6807.jpg
    IMG_6807.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6808.jpg
    IMG_6808.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6856.jpg
    IMG_6856.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6869.jpg
    IMG_6869.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6816.jpg
    IMG_6816.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 42
Random mix of pics.
GO THE SUZI!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6871.jpg
    IMG_6871.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6878.jpg
    IMG_6878.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6880.jpg
    IMG_6880.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6920.jpg
    IMG_6920.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6921.jpg
    IMG_6921.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 46
Nath`s Ranger doing the harder patrol/Cruiser circuit at the end of the day, quite impressive too.

Attachments

• IMG_6892.jpg
    IMG_6892.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6896.jpg
    IMG_6896.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6898.jpg
    IMG_6898.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6901.jpg
    IMG_6901.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6905.jpg
    IMG_6905.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 52
Last few for now ill have some more later in the week that were taken from a quality camera and not an Iphone.
D22 saved the Ranger!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA Payback I guess for saving me earlier. I guess were 1 for 1 Nath.
BTW does anyone know where the central locking actuator or relay is located in the 08 D22?? I think its in the drivers door and must be down the bottom after my little water incident my central locking is starting to randomly activate and sending my battery flat over night, I think it needs a good clean or replace.

Attachments

• IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6904.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6910.jpg
    IMG_6910.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6872.jpg
    IMG_6872.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6874.jpg
    IMG_6874.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 50
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pics Steve, and thanks again for the winch up off that step, after a wash i could see where the tail shaft was spinning up on that ledge so it was a good idea not to continue.

Probably for the best you winched out then nath, tailshafts aren't cheap haha.
It's a shame your having dramas after that puddle run onemofo, you nearly made It aswell!
I'd imagine the central locking relay would be either in the door or maybe under the dash?

Well usually i don't watch 4wd action dvd's but being stuck home sick i'm getting desperate, the latest dvd is about the watagans, and guess what track they do? Daniels point road.
It looks alot less chewed out then when we did it, but in saying that i'm glad we didn't go any further, the valley looks fun, but the rocksteps at the end look pretty ridiculous.
They were having difficulty in double locked patrols and cruisers, Lifting wheels all over the place.

Ahhh that must be the one next to the indicator relay?? If that's the case maybe the crossings not to blame but the rough road as I tangled with that relay accidentally when I confessed it for the indicator when I changed to LEDs I'm pulling it all apart tomorrow to dry it out so I may as well have a look then. Thanks HJ
Soy your right I nearly made it that's why I went the second time, there really wasn't much stopping me so frustrated by not making it. Makes me wanna go again. Hahaha but I won't.

why are my electrics playing up and what is that terrible smell:ha:

you may want to check your winch mate, betcha its got water in it

looking at this pic it looks like you were starting to climb out, so close

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back