Nissan navara d22 v8

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
navarathermos034.jpg

navarathermos033.jpg

navarathermos032.jpg

Moving the remote filter to fit the dual battery system
KendallstoothandTattoos014.jpg

KendallstoothandTattoos015.jpg

Mate, I wouldn't be happy with that pissy little oil filter for my chev.
You'd wanna change it more than at service time,
and keep an eye out on those hose fittings.
You really should have them made with the high pressure hose and crimp fittings like on your earthmoving gear,
thats high pressure oil going through that filter system.

:cheers!:

Thanks Krankin I plan on doing that.These were photos I took to use against this prick in court.Notice the leakes around the fittings.I will put on aircraft fittings when I can afford to do some more.

Looks awesome Scott.

Having that much power under the bonnet would be fun, but Id have no licence with that much power under my right foot.

Its got cruise control doesn't it ?

I got it from ARB in Maroochydore when I was up there.
It cost me $400.00.

OK...I imagine then its an ARB item in all stores then.

As for the filter, a Z24 size flows/filters and lasts longer than that little 4 cylinder filter they have put on for you, dont know what they are thinking of...

Just another bit of advice...(not picking shit at you)
that new intake piping, you might want to change the long straight blue section for a flexible/stretch concertina type hose, as with the torque/rollover of the engine when revved (rolls to the right when sitting in the car),
it will try to rip out your airbox there on the pass side inner guard.

Disregard this if you have a solid mount engine/chassis/body setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a solid mount set up in mine Jim.
The oil filter they run on the gen 3.
The filter is the right size and they are smaller for oil pressure.

Yeah, no worries.

As we spoke before, I'm still surprised they factory fit such a small filter...I'm more of the opinion its more due to space constraints in the engine bays.

I think I told you on the phone, that we all did/still run the larger filters on our Chev/Ford V8's street or dragstrip with no lowering of oil press..

When i get around to fitting a larger filter on my 2.5 Nav engine, I'll be sure to keep a check on the pressure to log any difference's.

See you on a run in the comming colder month's.

good pic essay Scotty. thanks for sharing. Be warned mate, if we ever meet up I'll be spending ages looking thru your ute. Consol looks the good!

Scotty, Ill give you a call later this arvo.

Got side tracked last night and had a busy busy night.

Good to see some progress in the right direction Scott.

How are you finding the Outback console? Thats the one I am going to get as well, pretty easy to fit and have LED downlights instead of normal ones like other manufacturers fit.

Good to see some progress in the right direction Scott.

How are you finding the Outback console? Thats the one I am going to get as well, pretty easy to fit and have LED downlights instead of normal ones like other manufacturers fit.

The roof console is good Ray.The LED lights are great and very easy to fit.
Yours looks good with the canopy on mate

I have the GEN 3 in a million pieces at the moment doing the heads and cam.
What a shit of a job.Doing this because it has over heated so many times so now that I have the heating problam sorted I'm sorting the rest.Once remapped the motor should put out over 550 HP
F150andnavara017-1.jpg

The engine with the top pulled off
F150andnavara018-1.jpg

The engine with the valley cover off
F150andnavara019-1.jpg

F150andnavara020.jpg

Latest posts

Back