Nissan navara d22 v8

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm topping up the tanks and jerrycan at Licola. Great little town which is, I think, the only privately owned town in Victoria - owned by the Lions Club. So I am happy to help them out by spending some $$ in the general store. No doubt I will by a hat and a stubby holder - cause that's what I do.

New shockers - details please! (After all this is your ride thread so I should get back on topic).

I got a set of DOBSON foam shocks.I can't believe how good the NAV rides now.
They are extra heavy duty and have a long travel on them.They compliment the DOBSON rear 3 stage springs I got last year.

The auto is rooted,so its going in on monday to get it ripped out and rebuilt properly with all the latest american drums and bands.Hopefully it should be bullet proof then.
It should have been bullet proof now but the cocksucker that did it put all the 2nd hand parts back in it when he had it apart and the over heating problems fucked it aswell.
So now the trans and transfer case are coming out I will have to put a set of reduction gears in it aswell to slow it down a bit on the hills.

After a week sitting at the tranny joint they still hadnt touched it so I picked it up and took it to a mates place who has a hoist and in 4 hours had the auto out and down to another Tranny joint.I dropped it off and he started it then and there.I get it back tomorrow and will start putting it back together.
While it has been at my mates place I have pulled the dash out and replaced the heater core and back together,Fitted an 80 series airbox,new front hand brake cable,making the 4 inch snorkle tomorrow and start building the roof rack over the canopy for a roof top tent.
By friday it will be back on the road with all the mods that should have been done in the first place.Hangin to finish it now as it has never run to its full potential.I will load photos up towards the end of the week

Hey hey Scotty - good news mate. Hope it all goes well. Looking forward to seeing the blue beast on Saturday. The 80 series airbox sounds like a good addition to assist with the airflow the 4" snorkel will give.

Do you have something to cut some pieces out of my front bash plate?

so what are you doing with your factory snorkel? happy to buy it off you if it's in good shape, i live quite close to where you are too (healesville) btw, my mate was telling me about your nav the other day, he really likes it, your starting to get quite the fan base around the area! :rock:

haha, well actually i'm in yarra glen, i travel to work in healesville every day though, if you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking for it? and i'd love to see this thing in person soon!:cheers!:

edit: forgot my number, 0431611277, please txt only though, boss isn't too keen on his workers being on the phone, thanks mate!

Last edited:
The beast is back together.Tomorrow put the new gaurd on and fit the snorkle,adjust the torsion bars,finish the roof rack,paint it and we are off,Whoo hoo.I'll post picks up of the roof rack with the quality of the welds and the bends aswell.The same quality will be going into the sliders and bars.

The bitch is finished and F@#K me its a weapon.Finally it runs the way it should with no problems.I'll take phots of the new snorkle and airbox aswell.The auto is a neck braker with great hard shifts and just power to the wheels.

Good to hear you're finally moving forward with her Scotty!
Can't wait to see it in action.
Not goin away for Easter?

So Scotty - will we get any work done on Saturday or will we spend all day watching you do burnouts??? :3gears:

If we finish the jobs in good time we might have to sneak into the bush and climb some hills.

Wipe that stoopid grin off your face! :big_smile:

Goodfridayrun075.jpg

Goodfridayrun076.jpg

The D40 seat I put in the Nav with a bit of welding and grinding.Fits and feels great with all of the adjustments in the seat

nailsandnavara085.jpg

nailsandnavara086.jpg

The air box with a few minor adjustments

Latest posts

Back