Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not convinced it's the right thing for V8 SC racing in this country but I suppose for those who are convinced it's a good thing they are getting others interested because until a few weeks ago other manufacturers really weren't jumping for a shot at the V8SC racing season.

I'm with biscuits, two manufacturers just didn't do it for me anymore. Used to love watching Chev Comaros etc. at Bathurst. Bring em on! Surprised that Toyota didn't get in first.

Wait, guys, any more than two teams will confuse the cro-magnon part of the audience.

"hey dat car not blue or red"

"mussed be dat pace car"

"fukkin shit man its overtakin the red ones"

"and the blue ones!"

"booooo!"

Boo-hoo. Bring on the Nissans.

What will be interesting to see is whether or not Gary Rogers goes back to Nissan cars, he was a formidable force in Nissans once upon a time and he's been selling them for years, he's had some success with Dunnydores but not as much as his Nissan days.

Maybe they can stick a Pootrol V8 donk in something that is generically made to look like a "car of the future" with a Nissan badge on it.

since when was scottybobcat entering the v8s? hes kept that one pretty quiet be interesting seeing the d22 beating the fords :p

I wonder which car they will use. Surely would have to be certain specs to meet to keep it a bit more even this time round.

It was a joke when the gtr's used to race. An all wheel drive twin turbo coupe againt family sedans with v8's lol

They used to race 4cyl Mini Minors as well. And, in some footage I've got of the early Hardie Ferodo 500 races, Volkswagen Beetles. I bet they had to keep the windows wound up in those, just to get 'em over 100km/h.

Just like the current batch of V8SC's have very little in common with their road going counterparts the "car of the future" project will also dictate the majority of things on each car despite the badge on the front. The idea is to bring the costs down and mandate many parts that are used to create more competition.

The cars will be pretty much identical ( same as now )

From what I understand the "badges" will be different. Maybe in time new manufacturers will bring in new technology and $$$.

May long term end up like NASCAR with cars that do not resemble their road going namesakes.
I hope not.

I look forward to more competitive racing. Team Vodafone are the Most successful due to the Most $$ spent. Obviously the drivers are very talented and $$ buy the best drivers.

Best drivers + most money = championship..

I can see this ripping past dunnydores and foulcons like they are pedal powered
2008-nissan_skyline_gtr_concept07.jpg

Most people have already forgotten how sierras, r32 gtr, etc. used to race bathurst.

If GT1 is anything to go by they will probably run the VK56 Titan engine in an R35, although I wouldn't rule out the maxima?

Latest posts

Back