Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the German DTM series, the cars are more like the old Group C vehicles of days gone by, big wheels and flares and more makes and models.

The worst thing about the V8's are all the commecrcials they play, makes the whole event almost unwatchable.

I'm looking forward to Volvo hopping in next year. It's only a matter of time before we have 2 litre cars versus 3 litre cars, all with turbos, petrol vs diesel.

I love V8's as much as anyone else, but I can't see them continuing for ever.

I enjoy car racing so watch it. Same as I watch F1. But the series formula is a joke. Control chassis, suspension, gearbox, diff, tyres...you name it.

Holden and ford get to use engines which originate from nascar blocks. The blocks were designed for racing. Yet Mercedes, Nissan, and as of next year Volvo all have to use production-based engines. Example - Mercedes have to use a 5.5litre twin-turbo engine that has the turbos removed, and capacity reduced to 5 litres. Holden have a ~6 litre v8 engine in their road cars - why aren't they forced to use it as a base for the race program engine. And ford - they have a (I think) 5.4 litre engine in their road cars - so why can't they be forced to re-engineer that for the race car. The political powers in the series have everyone else by the nuts.

Hell, look at the fuel debacle - nissan were allowed to use the E70 blend for one race, to see if it helped the fuel economy disadvantage they have over ford/holden. But they had success! Oh no! Can't have that. All the dyno figures showed NO power increase (because of the different ECU programming they were told to use along with the E70), just a fuel economy parity.

And mercedes - they will spend over 20 seconds longer in the pits that holden/ford purely due to their increased fuel usage. But will the so called parity formula make any allowance for that? Not if it means holden/ford will lose their strangle hold on the series.

Grrrr

I like the German DTM series, the cars are more like the old Group C vehicles of days gone by, big wheels and flares and more makes and models.

The worst thing about the V8's are all the commecrcials they play, makes the whole event almost unwatchable.

I'm looking forward to Volvo hopping in next year. It's only a matter of time before we have 2 litre cars versus 3 litre cars, all with turbos, petrol vs diesel.

I love V8's as much as anyone else, but I can't see them continuing for ever.

Good points!
The inevitable change will come. I to will miss the V8's, as I will miss the passing of V8's in F1 but at least F1 has seen the light. With next years engines so advanced the manufactures no longer refer to them as engines. Now called "Power Units".
Things have to move on in the Automotive world. Perhaps something along the lines of the BTCC would be the go. After all the biggest selling cars in Australia are Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Mitsubishi Lancer... The Bogun fraternity will be up in arms over it but will certainly give the sport a far wider appeal.

I enjoy car racing so watch it. Same as I watch F1. But the series formula is a joke. Control chassis, suspension, gearbox, diff, tyres...you name it.

Holden and ford get to use engines which originate from nascar blocks. The blocks were designed for racing. Yet Mercedes, Nissan, and as of next year Volvo all have to use production-based engines. Example - Mercedes have to use a 5.5litre twin-turbo engine that has the turbos removed, and capacity reduced to 5 litres. Holden have a ~6 litre v8 engine in their road cars - why aren't they forced to use it as a base for the race program engine. And ford - they have a (I think) 5.4 litre engine in their road cars - so why can't they be forced to re-engineer that for the race car. The political powers in the series have everyone else by the nuts.

Hell, look at the fuel debacle - nissan were allowed to use the E70 blend for one race, to see if it helped the fuel economy disadvantage they have over ford/holden. But they had success! Oh no! Can't have that. All the dyno figures showed NO power increase (because of the different ECU programming they were told to use along with the E70), just a fuel economy parity.

And mercedes - they will spend over 20 seconds longer in the pits that holden/ford purely due to their increased fuel usage. But will the so called parity formula make any allowance for that? Not if it means holden/ford will lose their strangle hold on the series.

Grrrr

I'm not up on the tech stuff and who has what, I just like watching cars go round and round, I do enjoy the tech stuff and learning about this n that, but I guess I'm not really into it to the point where I can be bothered to read about it.

That's probably why I find the current racing boring. It seems to be 1 brand of vehicle always winning and (it seems to me) 70% of the cars racing are that brand, how dull.

Good points!
The inevitable change will come. I to will miss the V8's, as I will miss the passing of V8's in F1 but at least F1 has seen the light. With next years engines so advanced the manufactures no longer refer to them as engines. Now called "Power Units".
Things have to move on in the Automotive world. Perhaps something along the lines of the BTCC would be the go. After all the biggest selling cars in Australia are Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Mitsubishi Lancer... The Bogun fraternity will be up in arms over it but will certainly give the sport a far wider appeal.

Yes. The BTCC is, from my perspective, far more interesting to watch, more brands, different winners.

When I was younger I was into street drags and was irate when they introduced unleaded fuel. I don't care any longer, time will come and it may be in our lifetime when petrol, diesel and unleaded, is restricted and only those with non personal needs will be able to use it.

We'll be getting around in cars powered by ??????. They will either be as powerful as todays cars or not and the Bathurst 1000 may become the Bathurst 250, but it still may take as long to complete.

Magnificent race...congrats to Ford and a big grouse to Lowndes/Holden.

to all those that piss and moan how it would be better 'if'....:yeahright:

it aint gonna be...DEAL WITH IT.....

Nissan and Merc have made a lot long distance 'real race' hours and data collection this week, so I'm sure they'll be back and better next year.

V8SC's/Mt Panorama.....simply the best bar NONE!!!!:redcool::redcool:

I doubt they'll let the R10 run at Bathurst, but watching it do some laps at Le Mans is truly something to behold, especially when you see it catch a GT3 like the Porsche is parked. That thing is a V12 TD anyway, they'd have to chop off 2 cylinders from each end of the block and see how it went.

I reckon they should set a power to weight ratio and let the teams do what they like in what ever make they like - fair with variety!

My biggest grip with the series is the false rhetoric of harking back to the origins of touring car racing in Australia. What a load of you know what.

These things have about as much in common with a production car as I do with a swimsuit model. Lets face it, I just don't have the legs for it.

The 12 hour production car race is a TRUE descendant of touring car racing in Aus. The current system of so-called "v8 supercars" are just a pumped up version of the Aussie Racing Car series. And at least in THAT series there is some overtaking...

Yeah I agree. If we are watching race cars with little resemblance to production cars then open the flood gates and see what happens. Or go back to touring cars.

Back