Now making, rear tube bar.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey what sort of price for a set of sliders, front bar and rear bar for a D40?

Hi bud.
hard to say to be honest as i do not have a d40 to work on and get dimensions. rear bar would be around the same price as the d22 bar. front bar depending on style would be around $650 up, sliders would be around $550 and up...

cheers mark.

Thanks for that. its my nokia phone sorry.. great pics in the day, crap at night unless i put the night mode on (i did not do that).. sorry for the pics..

Don't have to apologise mate, just poking fun at phone cameras.

Hi bud.
hard to say to be honest as i do not have a d40 to work on and get dimensions. rear bar would be around the same price as the d22 bar. front bar depending on style would be around $650 up, sliders would be around $550 and up...

cheers mark.

Hmmmm so you need a donor car. Hey just thought of something, I could lend you my D40 and then you could make up the rear and front bar and the sliders all in one hit.....Just kidding but good idea I thought!

Very nice work, as neat as those welds are you could write navara.asia on the bar! i'd also be interested in a D40 bar, wonder how the airbag thingumyjig works though

airbag compliancy will be a problem! bar will fit, airbag 'might' work, either way, big no-no!
vehicle can be defected and that's the least of the worries, no insurance in accident not to mention legalities arising if someone gets hurt, or worse!!!! driver in shit and manufacturer in even more!

really sucks but so not worth it!

sorry, felt obligated to point these facts out, sorry to rain on the parade.

sliders / stepbars & rear bar shouldn't pose any problems though.

i'm keen for d40 sliders and willing to supply car and assist with work if interested, i'm located south west suburbs of brisvegas.

Thanks all for the comments, i may take you up on borrowing the d40, front bars are not airbag compatible but can be made so if needed.

The bar should be painted today or tomorrow, it now has rear reversing light mounts in the bar also. hopefully pics will be up this arvo or tomorrow, i still need to get the top tread plate bent up also.

cheers mark.

Ok finally getting there, the bar is painted in undercoat and is sanded and ready for the topcoat tomorrow morn providing the rain will stay away, it looks wild and is strong as, wish i didn't have to sell it as i would put it on mine.
i have sent the templates off for the main mounts and the alloy step plate and i'm getting them cnc cut from a mate (nice price for 20 of them each set of mounts, so that will save me massive time in making them. i have also got onto a test sample of new paint (very strong kind of like a spray on powdercoat) in silver to try on the next set. I am still having trouble getting hold of a spare tyre carrier kit so i might have to work out something there.
Time for the sliders now.. These will be at $550 for sure. The rear bar however
has gone up a little but is very worth it. pics tomorrow.

cheers mark.

i'm so keen to see pics, dylan can we get navara.asia rss feed to our mobiles? don't think i can wait till i get home!

really keen to see the final outcome. Interested in seeing how you've done the sliders etc and how you are mounting them? thanks for all your hard work mate

Just wondering if you are planning on making the spare wheel carrier easily removable? Would be good to keep it under the car during day to day driving for opening the tray all the time and slip the bracket on when doing some touring. Just food for thought. Also is it easy enough to make an infill kind of thing behind the bar out of checkerplate where the standard str bar used to hide the big gap that is there now. Hope that makes sense, I'm sure the final pictures will be impressive it looks strong enough thats for sure. I'll be keen on one if postage to Townsville isn't too much. How much do you think the end product weighs? Good work mate.

Last edited:
mud 4b looks very good so far do you have any updated photos?
you live near the sunshine coast dont ya. cause im doing a couple of back and forth trips from the bay to brissy and i wouldn't mind dropping in and having a look at that bar work. some time.
also guys i dont know if there is a depot near mud4b but this website Courier Service Freight Services Cheap Interstate Courier
would have been like 100 for me to get a front bar from melbourne to bundaberg which i reckon is cheap as.

also guys i dont know if there is a depot near mud4b but this website Courier Service Freight Services Cheap Interstate Courier
would have been like 100 for me to get a front bar from melbourne to bundaberg which i reckon is cheap as.

I don't know if they'd handle anything that big but I've moved stuff with Greyhound before, they were pretty cheap because they're just looking to fill the spaces in their buses' cargo holds and make a bit of cash. So keep them in mind.

Just wondering if you are planning on making the spare wheel carrier easily removable? Would be good to keep it under the car during day to day driving for opening the tray all the time and slip the bracket on when doing some touring. Just food for thought. Also is it easy enough to make an infill kind of thing behind the bar out of checkerplate where the standard str bar used to hide the big gap that is there now. Hope that makes sense, I'm sure the final pictures will be impressive it looks strong enough thats for sure. I'll be keen on one if postage to Townsville isn't too much. How much do you think the end product weighs? Good work mate.

You could always just unbolt the nut on top and remove the whole tyre carrier. The rear bar does have a alloy treadplate to cover that up.i will have to weigh it, it is heavy but not overly. Freight should not be a problem but i guess it will go on cubic measurement not weight.
cheers mark.

mud 4b looks very good so far do you have any updated photos?
you live near the sunshine coast dont ya. cause im doing a couple of back and forth trips from the bay to brissy and i wouldn't mind dropping in and having a look at that bar work. some time.

Too easy bud.
the closest depot for the above is maroochydore, so thats easy to drop off there.
cheers mark.

Ok so the bar is done besides the alloy tradplate on top (still waiting, hopefully tomorrow), i did come across a potential problem though. apparently there is 4 different types of towbar (2 for the dx and 2 for the str) so im not sure if any of them are the same extension/ drop wise. i built this one to suit a dx towbar from mine (it sits up higher) so either of the str bars should fit as they drop a lot lower to suit the std rear bar.

This bar is for sale now at a discounted price because its not as neat as i would have liked (my notcher gave up half way through it so had to use the grinder to dish some of the tube) and i will more than likely need to either mod the bar depending on the towbar or it will fit just fine (that is if i fit it for you at no extra charge. the price for this will be $550. i have another notcher on the way so the rest will be smick as (this bar is barely noticeable until you look close but most of it is under the car anyway) but it is still just as strong and still symmetrical, just not as neat as i like it to be.

The price for the next bars goes up to $850, this will not change or go up any unless you want the wheel carrier ($1050). i will be making sliders when the new notcher arrives, these will be $550.

Ok for this bar, it has duel spot/ reversing lamp mounts, is so strong you can jack off it or dump the full weight of the navara on it without bending, it has the provision for your std str numberplate lights or aftermarket lights, the bar also has 2 mounts for towing/ snatching and will take the larger shackles. The bar covers the side panel and the underneath of the tub.
i would prefer someone from around here or close to buy it and get it fitted as i might have to make adjustments for the towbar (this is just in case i do so there is no mucking around or hard feelings). let me know if your keen, also let me know if you can see something you would like changed.

i will hopefully have pics of the bar on the navara tomorrow if the treadplate is done, but for now here are some more pics.could people please take pics of thir towbars for me from different years of the d22, so far i have only seen 2 different versions, the dx and the str..
cheers mark.

04092009001.jpg

04092009.jpg

02092009004.jpg

02092009001.jpg

Last edited:
The bar looks great mate, how did you get it looking so good with all the empties in the background of the first photo? Ha ha.

Latest posts

Back