NP300 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do they tow compared to the d40?

I dont know how they tow compared to a D40 as I have never owned one. BUT - looking at them purely on paper...

The NP300 is lighter (by about 70kg), and it has a wider torque band starting at 1500rpm where the D40 has a bit of a torque hole down that low.

In regards to fuel consumption, I have driven my truck for about 2500kms now. Still quite tight, but getting there..
I have done a little bit of towing (500kms) with a 600-800kg trailer on the freeway between newcastle/sydney and through Sydney CBD (which was shaped like a barn.. ie not very aero dynamic) and my average over the 2,500kms is 8.9L/100km.

The BEST fuel-up I got was 6.9L/100kms which didnt include any towing or freeway travel.

Last edited:
My np300 average for around town is 8.5 and hwy about 7-7.5 not to bad really.

Mine is about the same. Have had best fuel on the trip meter as low as 6.5. It certainly is no where near the advertised 6.3 klm per 100 that's for sure. Now towing and mostly Hwy driving.

first fillup only 74km 10.2l/100 130km on the engine total 10.4 on the dash
Second fill 260km 11.1l/100 actual 10.4 on the dash
Has a work body on it lots of wind drag place loaded up.
NP300 CSM (1 of 1).jpg

That's an awesome setup mate. Everytime i have to climb into my tub to get tools from the back, i tell myself my nxt ute will have a canopy like yours

I am also highly jealous of that work body, I want one purely just for camping, I reckon that paired with a RTT would be perfect for my cape trip I have planned. I am just not a fan of towing a camper everywhere. How much was something like to that to get made up? I am looking at getting an alloy box and mounting it to tray and hen getting a water tank underneath the tray. If I cant find a tray Ill just weld up a base for it to sit on, and may eventually make a tray haha.

NP300 CSM-2.jpg

NP300 CSM-1-7.jpg

40l water tank. did not post before waiting on a trim panel that was not quite rite.

This hole setup freight and fitting full electrics integrated central locking door open warning all shows on the dash and alarm. water tank side tool box under floor 1500 long sliding draw custom paint $16k

Plain ali box no extras about $9k

I like the fact CSM have flush mount doors. not ones that close on the outside.

Im currently running a calculated average of 8.8L/100kms. Its much higher then I was expecting. I was at least expecting in the 7's. Alot of freeway travel. Some towing in there as well.

370km on open road primed the tank same fuel pump on the fill up 11.4/100
Around town same deal with fill up 12.3.
2540kg loaded.
Thinking of a wind break in-front of the canopy. Can feel it work everting the wind picks up.
Sea how it goes out on the Warburton rd tomorrow.

my fuel consumption according to the trip computer is 7.2l. at calculation its 7.8. my best is 5l. im sure that figure is pretty impressive. the issue i have is the fuel tank and fuel range. it seems to only be using 60 litres out of the stated 80 litres. is there anyone having this problem too?

my fuel consumption according to the trip computer is 7.2l. at calculation its 7.8. my best is 5l. im sure that figure is pretty impressive. the issue i have is the fuel tank and fuel range. it seems to only be using 60 litres out of the stated 80 litres. is there anyone having this problem too?

I've had figures on the screen usually telling me around 8.6l/100km.

The range seems to be pretty inaccurate though.
When I fill up, it tells me I've got around 850kms left.
usually after Iv'e used a quarter of a tank, the odometer shows roughly 150kms travelled, but still another 600 kms left.

By the time the light comes on, ive never managed much more than 550 - 600kms.

I have found (unfortunately) the trip computer to be a little temperamental. Most of the time, it indicates a lower km/lt than actual, the range is simply not accurate and when you think your running out of fuel according to the gauge, dash light and range you go and top up the tank, the tank doesn't take any where near the fuel it should that it indicates is left.

I'm not sure what the exact issue is but it's pretty poor by Nissan in this day and age to release a trip computer as pathetic as this one into the market especially if they have done over a million km's of testing.

I have found (unfortunately) the trip computer to be a little temperamental. Most of the time, it indicates a lower km/lt than actual, the range is simply not accurate and when you think your running out of fuel according to the gauge, dash light and range you go and top up the tank, the tank doesn't take any where near the fuel it should that it indicates is left.

I'm not sure what the exact issue is but it's pretty poor by Nissan in this day and age to release a trip computer as pathetic as this one into the market especially if they have done over a million km's of testing.
That's why I track my fuel and km's and record the needle position most of the time in a spread sheet. So I know what range I have left.

Does the trip computer update everytime ya fuel up? Cause the dealer drove the car up to me which is like 300km and the fuel economy was 10.3L/100km driving it around town it has changed so im wondering if thats the fuel from the when they filled it up

Back