NSW Events - Nov & Dec 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the trip on tomorrow? Who's goin? I might be able too make it now (fingers crossed) if work don't ring up this afternoon, they f#(ked up my return too work paper work after my accident & I don't have too work this weekend aslong as they don't fix it today.

We're going. Nathan will be along for part of it at least. Craig was coming along last I heard but haven't seen from him in a while. Dave needs to think it's on TODAY if he's going to be there on time.

We'll wait and see. We DEPART from Jilliby Rd at 10:00am, can't leave it too much later because the track isn't paved - it gets rather rough in places and I don't like the thought of bending steering linkages and shocks as the two-and-a-half-tonnes bounces into a rut at 60km/h.

As Tony said, i will be along for about 2hrs one way which should allow me to double back on the same trail and still make it to the in laws xmas get together.
looking forward to it.
Nath

As Tony said, i will be along for about 2hrs one way which should allow me to double back on the same trail and still make it to the in laws xmas get together.
looking forward to it.
Nath

Won't have to double back. From point D on that map, where we'll be having lunch, you head east along Martinsville Hill Road and out to the freeway. There's a couple of km of smooth-ish dirt at best.

That sounds good Tony, that means that i will be able to hang for a bit longer before i have to go.

So what channel on the UHF will you be on ? was it 15?

Tony what exit from the freeway will you take? i will obviously be driving up from the south, but cant see what the closest exit to Hue Hue rd is.
Im sure the tomtom will get me there......... eventually haha

The Sparks Rd exit will be the one I'm taking. Head west off the freeway, turn south onto Hue Hue Rd for about 2km and turn right at the cemetery - that's where we'll be.

Coming from the south, it's the next exit after the twin Caltex service centres.

For those coming from the North, it's the first exit after the Doyalson motorway link joins the freeway, so if you're coming from Belmont/Doyalson/Charmhaven/Budgewoi, get onto the freeway and take the first exit, turn right at the top of the off-ramp, left at the 'T' onto Hue Hue Rd.

Well, we went and then there were four Navaras.

What a bloody great day. Lovely drive through the forest, the road was a little wet and there were some scarily large pools of water in places but it was a great drive. Stopped at the play area only to go searching for some amenities, just a few km down the road.

Lunch, conversation and fantastic company made the day just brilliant. Thanks Brad, Bec, Nathan and of course Craig.

Next weekend: dinner @ Maryland Tavern. If you are going, post up here before Monday arvo - I am going to book the table on Monday evening for the Saturday at 6pm. If you don't post that you're coming, you won't have a seat - the place gets really busy and the food is brilliant and NOT expensive, so you'll miss out!

Oh, here's a pic from a nice smooth section of the track.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3681-resized.jpg
    IMG_3681-resized.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 81
Glad to see you guys had a successful and enjoyable day, i wish i could have went but work is running my life at present. On the plus side i got a start on my drawers this afternoon.

Tony i will have to put my apologies in for next weekend, i have my work xmas party and another xmas party on that same night to attend.

It was a great way to spend a saturday, and i really enjoyed meeting you guys and clearly your better half's :sarcastic:

It was a little hard to leave before we reached the end of the track, i would of loved to stay a little longer and maybe even thrown the Nav into one of those mud pits so Tony's winch had a chance to stretch its legs, :big_smile: well maybe next time.

Thanks again to Brad, Bec, Craig, Tony his wife and grandson for a great morning.
:cheers!:
Nath

ile drop in after work ,no dinner ,cant have you guys corrupting my local without my attendance

To many bloody clouds at my place, haven't been able to see a dam thing.. oh well i will see it in three yrs time. hahaha

For those that are missing the eclipse, here are some shots - two posts, 4 pics then 3.

Images taken with a Canon 500D 15MPx, 300mm zoom lens. I think the flares and artefacts might be caused by the 58mm UV filter.

The images were then cropped using IrfanView and loaded and saved in Paint to reduce the size.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3803-cropped.jpg
    IMG_3803-cropped.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3812-cropped.jpg
    IMG_3812-cropped.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3814-cropped.jpg