Nsw rego and green slip prices....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a green slip calculator on the NSW RTA site. It gives the 6 or 8 companies prices for your circumstances.

Last edited:
My brother in-law who bought my old D40 just paid $470 for the green slip off AAMI, but was quoted over $100 dearer with NRMA because they told him they have increased the price by $100, due to the fact its a UTE and utes are always a risk of injuring people from things coming out the back regardless of hard tops, canopies ect.
He is now taking all of his business away from them, house other cars, business ect and if they dont fix it so will i come rego time

I just got a text from my brother in-law saying he actually paid $360 for his green slip from AAMI not $470 sorry for the stuff up.

Oh and he lives in Jindabyne NSW if that helps.

haha sure any time Dean ! ahhh but then you would have Vic plates and we all know that's not a good thing to have in n.s.w or the nazi state q.l.d ! gee the coppers love the guns in q.l.d - I had one pulled on me in a Jaco caravan store all because I cought them out on works they didn't do and that I paid for , long story short the wollapers turned up "3 units mind you" and then proceeded to throw me of this site with the biggest twat pulling his gun on me ! talk about small man small dick syndrome ! and those pricks at Jaco grrrr lol I still have the video I think some where on a memory card - damn, if I can find it i'll post it ! scared the shitter out'a me I tell you - was not expecting that one ! You can see me shaking though the cam - fukc I hate guns or more so the little men that stand behind them !
Oh and for any wollopers on here with the thoughts of "I must have done some thing worthy of having a gun pulled on me- that's not the case at all" I never even raised my voice let alone my hand - I just wanted my money back and didn't want to leave until so- so they said I was trespassing and if I didn't leave they would forcibly remove me and it was with that comment he un clipped and drew his side arm from his holster , it didn't even get half way out before I was up and out of there ! what a twat ! ruined my holiday let me tell you..............

That's nuts. When I was like 18 I got a vh brocky commodore And driving it home I was pulled over and first thing I noticed was the cop with his gun out pointed in my general direction scared the shit outta me. He then dragged me out the car and cuffed me all for what I thought was no reason. Turned out the guy I purchased the car from had been to jail a few times for major assaults on police officers. Then when he relished I was not him he acted like nothing happened and let me go. Then I was tryi g to get his badge number which he would not let me see or give to me. Such a wanker.

Wow I wonder why mine is so expensive then.

I just played around on the RTA calculator, To get a green slip where i live (semi rural) it will cost me $560, BUT if i change it to Jindabyne or any other country/rural post code it drops to $333!!
over $230 for what?? this sate is a RIP OFF!! :rambo:
I think i might rego my car at my sisters place.

The questions on the calculator will give you a clue. Age, postcode, comprehensive ins or not, accident history etc.

Guess it has to be my age. I didn't think I'd still be getting screwed at 32. Or could be my area but its a pretty good area..... Strange. Ah well not much u can do I guess.

One of mine came in at 447 in the mail but when I used the calculator the same company GIO was 313. When I asked the GIO office they said a mistake had been made listing my car without comprehensive ins. Just that fact alone made that much difference.
I reg 3 cars so I use it every time now.

Last edited:
That's nuts. When I was like 18 I got a vh brocky commodore And driving it home I was pulled over and first thing I noticed was the cop with his gun out pointed in my general direction scared the shit outta me. He then dragged me out the car and cuffed me all for what I thought was no reason. Turned out the guy I purchased the car from had been to jail a few times for major assaults on police officers. Then when he relished I was not him he acted like nothing happened and let me go. Then I was tryi g to get his badge number which he would not let me see or give to me. Such a wanker.

And I thought it was just me ! I'm looking at a dvr and reversing cam before I head out again that's for sure ... the local ones here had some thing up their arse too so I stated to record them - low and behold the random pull overs stoped and certain ones where transferred to other stations ! As I was told as a young child "there's good ones and bad ones and the bad ones are winning " and that was from a very senior wolloper here in Vic :confused3: .. well that's enough of that back to 4x4ing ,')

Latest posts

Back