Office of Fair Trading Tribunal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Service Manager at yet another dealership told me that Nissan Customer Service is Rooted.
They laid off all of the knowledgeable, and customer focused staff last year and now cover the phones with temps! No wonder I cant get in touch with Jenifer that promised to call me back in ten minutes 11 days ago!
The dealer I was dealing with had no knowledge of my warranty complaint even though I had been directed to to see them 2 weeks ago and the service manager had been trying to get through to "Customer service" himself for the past 4 hrs!
Nissan Australia are letting down some very dedicated people in the dealerships and Nissan international are pissing in our face.

Well in actual fact I am going for almost 21k anyway lol
Full respray $12,281
New Tailgate $1330
Extended Warranty $1300
rental 4x4 for 6 weks while trucks in workshops $4460 ( only an estimate )
add a days wages to go to the tribunal and a tank of fuel and there you go .
Have not asked for anything at all that isnt required to repair the damage that Nissans crew have inflicted on my truck
Seems a lot when you see the final figure but when you break it down it adds up pretty quick .

Tribunal hearing date is on the 16th of August in Sydney.
Nissan has already requested that the Tribunal force me to get yet another inspection done.
Obviously Nissan is wanting to play hard ball. They have already implied that I have had extra repair work done to the vehicle. Shame that work was painting the hardcover lol
They are sending their legal eagle to the Tribunal so anything technical about the truck should be fun to explain.

Tribunal hearing date is on the 16th of August in Sydney.
Nissan has already requested that the Tribunal force me to get yet another inspection done.
Obviously Nissan is wanting to play hard ball. They have already implied that I have had extra repair work done to the vehicle. Shame that work was painting the hardcover lol
They are sending their legal eagle to the Tribunal so anything technical about the truck should be fun to explain.

Good luck and go get em Aussie.

I have had no end of trouble with Nissan (so called) customer service. Having a vehicle that broke done when only 3 months old with 3K on the clock i thought, and everyone else for that matter, would be covered under warranty. Unfortunately Nissan Customer Service didn't and i had to pay $300+ to have it repaired (plus higher car plus 6 nights in the Pilbara :suicide2:).

WA's Dept. of Commerce intervened and agreed with me but Nissan still would not come to the party. They have now recommended i go to the Magistrates Court of WA for further action.

I'm glad you are standing up to them and wish you all the best. Please keep us informed.

Nissan is continuing to play games. They have tried to postpone the tribunal hearing due to the 1 person that does their legal crap being on Leave. Tribunals answer : DENIED
Now I have a phone hearing on the 2nd of August to discuss Nissans demands that they can have the vehicle inspected yet again. I work long hours and am a single parent so basically if they want to inspect it then its a weekend or not going to happen.
Will be interresting to see what the Tribunal member has to say seeing they have inspected it already but appear not to like what the results were.
All I can say is stay strong and dont give in. Nissan will come to realise we dont back down just because they say so.

This has got to be costing them more than 21k!

Would I ever buy another nissan? I strongly doubt it.

Good luck with it mate.

This has got to be costing them more than 21k!

Would I ever buy another nissan? I strongly doubt it.

Good luck with it mate.

Simon

The sad reality is that every manufacturer is the same. They are cos the can. And why? Cos not enough of us stand up to the bastards due to the $$ involved and they know it.

I could not get any help from any Government department with my issue. So much for being a public service.

I would like to know from Aussie what steps he's taken (briefly) to get the where he is today (advice. help, government intervention or mediation etc).

I first went to the NSW Office of Fair Trading. The vehicle was inspected and they agreed that the work that had been carried out had in fact devalued the vehicle .
From there I lodged an official complaint with the Consumer Trading and Tenancy Tribunal . It was first set down for a conciliation over the phone where Nissan offered me $9000 to which I replied it would cost more than that to repair the damage they had already done.
Basically its your chance to face against Nissan as as a consumer without the fear of lawyers etc.
Everey state should have a similar process to enable consumers a way of getting what they paid for. There are statutory laws that cover consumers against manufacturers basically making up their own rules and regulations that may or not be 100% legal.
In WA
Consumer Protection - Department of Commerce
Manufacurers expect us to give up in time and just go away unhappy. They really dont care if they have a small percentage that will stick up for their rights and the larger percentage of their customers dont care or dont know about their rights and will just do what the manufacturers say.

Make sure that you try to get all the information you can and get evidence to suport your case before you start the proccess as you will need it once proceedings begin.

All i can say is you are a legend for taking these bastards all the way, and dont give in to the mongrels.
Good luck.
Keep us informed of the outcome......

Well the Tribunal is on next Monday in Sydney
We were sposed to have a telephone conference last Monday but something went wrong and all the Tribunal member got was voicemail from Nissan
Boo freakin Hoo lol
Ok I asked Nissan what exactly they wanted from yet another inspection.
Again they brought up about me having some work done myself.
I fair ripped into the Nissan rep saying we had already covered this and it was the hard Cover I had done and had nothing to do with the claim. I said their repeated claims that I had had work done and tried to claim it on them was inflammatory and insulting
havent heard boo from them since

Well the truck is washed and just needs a quick once over with polish and its ready for whatever Nissan wants to throw at me. They have been told they can view the truck this saturday of they want.
I pointed out that to date it appeared their evidence was somewhat weak as they had not produced one pic. I have given them 60 to view lol and 3 reports all saying Mr Nissan you fugged up so pay up.

Will know more on monday arvo
will be either one happy camper with Nissan owing me money or a new truck or megga pissed off that the system doesnt work !

Well am certainly in the mood for it
So far this year
My Mother pased away sadly in Canada = BAD
The ex moved out =Damm Good
Been hit for Child support even though I have the kids more than she does = Very Bad
Nissan has been pissing me round since January = Bloody pain in the A55

I think the fact I have held it together so far is damm good
Nissan will cop it big time for me having such a bad year.

Nissan rang me this afternoon and there is some guy coming to inspect the truck on Saturday at my place.
Works ok for me as I get to show him exactly what am on about.
They want the inspection so Ill make sure its really thorough lol

Well the inspection was this morning. The guy was here for about 3 hours checking everything.
He was a Uni lecturer and a professional paint engineer so yeah pretty well qualified.
He found the following
-paint de laminating from the passengers side gutter rail
-paint missing drivers side gutter rail
-overspray from OEM repair inside drivers front and rear doors
-large variations in both colour and finish to basically the complete vehicle

In summary
Nissan just paid about a grand to get a report to tell them everything I already told them in other reports.

Now the man from the tribunal said if I could prove my case Nissan would owe me a new truck

What colour ST-X should I choose lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back