oh no zd30 wo! ?blown turbo?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zed

Reaction score
Howdy all -yup hopefully not to big of an issue buuuut !
On the way home cruising 40 -50k's the old girl starts to pick up speed with no throttle "turned her off strait away and hit the clutch" the motor stops with a knock from high rev's and the street full of smoke !
Bonnet up and I see oil in the pipe from the catch can, pull the air box lid off and out pours a good 2 to 3 lts of sump oil ! Yikes ! the catch cans full too !
I have the inlet off and glow plugs out and I'm just about to ring a mate to come over to hit the key as I watch for where the oil came from ?
I am sooooo hope'n it's the turbo and I haven't bent a rod for god sake !
Any guesses on what's happened fella's ?

All guesses welcome-:deadhorse2: thanks zed ! such a sad sad day For frig sake,')

Sounds like it started burning the oil in the combustion chamber -- could have been heaps worse for you than it was. Does seem like a lot of oil in the breather/ air filter -- unfortunately I'm devoid of ideas & hopefully someone will be along soon to help.

I HOPE TOO, NAKEDAPE ....

Get this, just dumped the oil and it was full of diesel.....cracked piston maybe? how does fuel get into the sump ? Must have been at least 5lts !

Any thoughts anybodies ? cheers Zed

Fuel in oil is usually dodgy injector, can mean possible damage to bores and piston

Could also be the spill return line under the rocker cover.

ahhhh just had new ones fitted too outlaw ! hmmmm

Just span her over and I didn't hear any knocking banging scraping etc ! Lots of diesel coming out of the glow plug port- doesn't seem to be oil ! So I'm hoping rods are o.k. More worried about holes in pistons now !

Does anyone know the tension you taught glow plugs down to ? how many pounds ?

oh ok glc - I wonder ! hmmmm could be the mechanic huh

No Sparra It doesn't ! I will be calling the injector place tomorrow ! first thing !

How do you think the bore or piston may have been damaged Josy - broken tip or something ? I'm starting to think the diesel has been pouring in some where until it got to the level to be sucked in by the p.v.c valve hose ! Maybe ?

Have to wait for oil now- so more tomorrow folks ! thanks fella's i'll keep you all posted !

danm those god bothering pistons - No outlaw I don't, "meaning to buy one"..

I Have the local r.a.c.v on my side so I will ask him tomoz if he has one...

Thanks Nakedape I'll have a read !
cheers zed

Danm nakedape that's an ugly read ! I hope I got this in time and haven't damaged anything major !

Hope it' s not the head ! If it's an injector- I'm betting the Injector Co is in for one hell of a bill !

Just pop the oil filler cap off and crank it over. If one piston is cracked or holed you will hear and feel the compression of that cylinder coming out of the filler.

The oil and running on sounded like turbo failure, then the diesel in the oil sounded like piston failure.

But to have 5lt of diesel in the oil :eek: The problem must have been sneaking up on you for a while I think.

YES my thoughts also d/tuner but, I turned it over with the glow plugs out and the mist of diesel blowing out all looked even,') Seriously though I'm betting on lines or injector ! I will take the r/cover off tomorrow and have a look at these injectors and lines me thinks !
Turbo span fine and all fins are there , I just hope the diesel that came up in the oil hasn't ran a bearing dry- "i'd say it's happened in the last few short trips as I checked the oil about 5 to 10 ks ago .

thanks again all, I'll fill you in more tomorrow !

Did you say you recently had new injectors? I think I'll keep my money on the spill line. They have these fiddly little washer / gaskets that could easily be damaged buy a shifter wielding grease monkey.

O.k. we have glc at 5 to 1 on the spill line ! ,')

injectors are paying evens at the moment !

I'm pretty sure i've heard of someone that had a fuel pump seal go and it leaked diesel into the sump via the timing cover on the front of the engine.
Possability no.4. But i'm going with spill line.

Last edited:
that's A 5'a on spill line for rum pig ! ,')

Spoke to the injector man this morning and he also said it "could be" the injector pump seal!

He was say'n it most likely is not the spill line as it would be running like a dog before hand as it would have air in the lines !

He was say'n most likely a dodgy injector !

danm it's been a costly month for me !

Latest posts

Back