One Head Light & Spotties Out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3vin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got abit of a strange one, looking for some guidance and wisdom if possible.

Issue 1: Headlight

Tonight driving home from work, my driver side light was out, figure no worries just be a bulb. Once I arrived home, tried low and high beam, no dice. Switched the bulbs around and same issue.

Issue 2: Spotties

They where pre-done when I got the car and where working previously. Hooked up to switch and on high beam.

Checking the fuses around the battery (assuming it was the spotty one), fuses is fine and getting power. Checking the fuses for the headlamp in the box near the firewall, all fuses fine in there also.

I also tested and was getting power through relays if that assist in anyway. Not to sure what else to look at. I did see a mention of possible issue with combination switch, will check that out tomorrow.

Check your earths for the lights might have the spoties coming back to the same earth point and it's dirty and not making contact
Cheers jack

There are separate relays for left and right headlights, from memory. If the relay for the right hand headlight is not working, and your spotties are picking up their activation from the right-hand headlight, there's your answer.

Pop the IPDM/ER open (right behind the battery) and start checking the relays. Also look at the fuses in there, just in case.

Quick addition to above the IPDM in a D40 is on the passenger side near the firewall , also if one headlight works that will rule out the combination switch as the combination switch works on logic switching to tell the BCM to tell the IPDM what to do

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back