Perth - List your 4wd tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are keen you can come. Will be heading up around 10 If you wanna meet somewhere close

I was thinking of getting to mundaring at 10. We could meet at subway?

Hey mate. I'm gonna have to bail this time. My mate has just hit me up for an overnighter in Dwellingup on the weekend. Il need my Nav to be in one piece to make it there and back. Definitely next time though if I'm free. Let us know what the track condition is like.

I'm thinking of going up to the power lines on Monday 28th. A mate is coming up in his Suzuki. I have never been up there. Have not done much 4 wheel driving either. My Nav is stock standard as well. Thought I would go up and have a look and see what she is capable of.

I went there today, tracks are in pretty good condition, almost no water, mud pits are dry as a bone. If you don't have a lift i'd recommend staying on the main track as the harder side tracks have some big ruts.

With a 2" lift, 2"body lift, 30" tyres and an X Rox bar I was able to do 80% of the hard tracks.
With 33's and a front locker id imagine a Nav would be able to do 90% of the tracks.
There are some sections where you would need 35's, dual lockers and coils (patrol and cruisers only) to be able to attempt the massive ruts on some of the runs.

In summer the power lines are pretty easy. In winter you would need a good set of muddies to get through the bog holes.

I'm thinking of going up to the power lines on Monday 28th. A mate is coming up in his Suzuki. I have never been up there. Have not done much 4 wheel driving either. My Nav is stock standard as well. Thought I would go up and have a look and see what she is capable of.

Hey mate, has your mate in the Suzi done much 4wding either? The powerlines are rated Xtreme in some areas. Just be careful of your angles. Nose to tail never gets dangerous but side angles can be pretty bad, and if you pick the wrong line you could end up in your side or even worse you might roll. There's always a few 4wd car bodies laying around that didn't quite make it.

I went there when mine was stock. Did pretty good too. Then once you get lift and muddies you'll be able to go back and see how much better she goes. Then you get your front locker and kick arse.

Have a look at YouTube to see how tricky some of the sections can get. Il paste my vid here so you can see it, at Mundaring Powerlines from this year.

Let us know how you go mate.

http://youtu.be/BqHuFaZEkrk

Nar mate in the Suzi is greener than me lol. Thanks for the info. We will just be looking mainly see whats there, have not taken the Nav off road yet thougt i better. Don't want to be one of those 4x4 owners that never go off road. Will take some pics. Yeah I'm glad I am going up there stock the first time.

Nar mate in the Suzi is greener than me lol. Thanks for the info. We will just be looking mainly see whats there, have not taken the Nav off road yet thougt i better. Don't want to be one of those 4x4 owners that never go off road. Will take some pics. Yeah I'm glad I am going up there stock the first time.

No worries then. I reckon there will be a few other people up there on Monday, public holiday and all that. All you will need is tyre deflators and a snatch strap. Have fun. Il be down Dwellingup checking out what's there.

Has anyone been to Dwellingup before? Anyone have any hot tips for some hot tracks down there?

From what I have heard and seen the terrain is very similar to what you would find at the powerlines however it should be easy atm as it is not wet.

From what I have heard and seen the terrain is very similar to what you would find at the powerlines however it should be easy atm as it is not wet.

Yeh I've heard it's good down there. I just hope I can find the right tracks. Last time I was down at Harvey I drove around for about 6 hours couldn't find any good stuff.

Any idea of what the tracks are called?

I have never been there either, only heard about it through word of mouth. Maybe have a look on 4x4 earth???

Hey guys. Back from Dwellingup.

4wd overall difficulty - Beginner.
Dwellingup state forest is a massive area. Lots of graded dirt roads. Fresh water river, suitable for swimming, running through it. Heaps of camping space with toilets. No bookings required.

We toured from Perth down to Harvey (about 60km south of Dwellingup) via the highway. Then turned in on a dirt road and zig zagged north looking for some decent 4wding. Still failed to find any real tracks. Even followed a powerline track for about 10km, but it had nothing on out Mundaring powerlines. It seems you need to be a local with heaps of spare time to know where the good tracks are.

I did manage to find a hill climb to do that my missus insisted I DON'T try. This hill was pretty steep and covered in dry hard dirt with slippery loose rocks covering the top half. It was stupidly hard to walk, i was nearly on all fours to get up. So I clambered to the top and picked a route then slipped all the way down, then got in the Nav and drove it before my missus could get out. Haha. Didn't make it on the first go. Got 3/4 of the way up before all 4 wheels were spinning and I was slipping backwards. I slipped it in reverse and drove it down and then had another crack, bit faster from the start. Got up pretty good. Turned around at the top which was pretty hairy when I was on the side angle. From there I just popped it in 1st and idled down. I can say my mate in his Pootrol didn't even give it a try. Another win for the Nav!!

The track up to Dwellingup was super dry. There was plenty of ruts along the track but they didn't cause any issues. The track is skinny, making turning around or oncoming traffic a small issue.

After a lot of rain I think the clay/dirt track could become more difficult, especially with A/T tyres. Well at least I hope it does.

I don't have a GPS map system and if I did I might have been able to find some more tracks. I did use an app called "memory map" which still uses Hema maps, but onlu at about 1:250 000, it still works when phone reception is lost. It had enough detail on the map for us to go from Harvey to Dwellingup, not get lost and find a campsite.

Anyone else been out lately?

Brunswick junction is good place to have a play. Flynn rd ( not posted by me) have a look here for directions and pics. IF you head up to harvey dam there are some excellent tracks to get stuck on.

Cheers
Chris

Brunswick junction is good place to have a play. Flynn rd ( not posted by me) have a look here for directions and pics. IF you head up to harvey dam there are some excellent tracks to get stuck on.

Cheers
Chris

Mate, thanks for that link. That's awesome. Soo going down there.

Back