Pixs D22 build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pix

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been kicking around for a bit and decided to throw up a build page as I've got some big plans for the Nav now I've decided to keep it for a bit. I bought it pretty much stock standard in march last year, it had the bull bar and cruise control, from the condition it'd never seen off road (that was about to change).

So far, apart from being away for about 6 months on work deployments, I've see a bit of the local country side in the Nav and had some fantastic adventures.

Since picking it up, in order of me doing it (to the best of my shaky memory) I've done; blitz 240 spot lights, tinted windows, race steering wheel, safari snorkel, 32 Mickey Thompson STZ on black king rims, 2in ironman lift, mongoose alarm and turbo timer, air horns, cal off road UCA, 1in rear lift to suit front, DVD player in the front, kicker splits and speakers, custom metal tray, dual batteries, beaudesert exhaust, 80ch UHF, slimline rain shields, and northside 4x4 intercooler, plus HID headlights. I think that's it that I've don't so far. Recently I swapped back the tub for the tray (I found a buyer), and swapped the blitz 240s for 3 narva 175s.

Since deciding to keep it (unless I can get the right price, as usual) I've picked up EGT and boost gauge with mount pods, recovery hooks for the front, oil catch can, the metal to custom fab a rear bar with tyre swing away, roof top tent, tigerz rope winch, and will fab a mount for the tent to sit in the tub under the roof height.

Near future mods will be a LOKKA for the front and possibly a 2in body lift and I might fab some sliders or something.

Here are some random pics and will then throw up some pics as I mod it up some more.

Cheers.

Attachments

• image-2232017686.jpg
    image-2232017686.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 15,046
  • image-1604278312.jpg
    image-1604278312.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 446
  • image-2188473074.jpg
    image-2188473074.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 522
  • image-3970651542.jpg
    image-3970651542.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 614
Hey Thom, no issues as yet, I've been off road a bit since installing it, even with deep water crossings (which flooded my truck) didn't cause a drama to the IC.

Mounted catch can today, did the steel wool trick inside, just need to get proper hoses now. Also mounted boost and EGT gauge, boost is wired and running but EGT probe thread was too small for the standard thread in the beaudesert dump pipe so I'll have to figure something out for that now.

Attachments

• image-1177994290.jpg
    image-1177994290.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 341
Gauges wired, damn EGT gauge not working, will have to figure it out quickly, getting sent to QLD for a week for work, hate leaving things half done!

pic from the other day... waiting for a new probe for EGT gauge, the seller sent one today, highly impressed.

Still waiting on winch to come into stock, then lokka, then body lift.

I'll start rear bar and tyre swing away when I get home from work trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 316
Hey scooba, I ordered from tigerz11, I ordered it the same time as my roof top tent, so hopefully mid may I'll get them.

Over it now, boots gauge wont read properly and egt gauge won't read at all! I'm in current negotiations with the eBay seller. Will see how I goes, and I'll start my rear bar tomorrow now that I'm back in the same state as my car.

New rear bar with swing away tyre carries has been started. New egt gauge has been delivered, I'll fit it and test it hopefully tonight, but a 16hour day tends to drain energy and motivation, and I'm considering trying to knock up a set of sliders, or just go with Scotty's.... Hopefully tent and winch will be from tirgerz before my camp trip in a couple of weeks.
I'll post pics of rear end once it's more than cut metal and a theory I my head of how it will work.

Got a replacement gauge from the eBay seller, he was a legend, and now they both work great. I'm happy with the result. Also picked up the steel for my roof top tent frame, I'm going to make it so tent doesn't sit above the roof line inside the tub, but can still fit things under the frame. Might knock up some drawers for underneath or something...

Attachments

• image-3026889954.jpg
    image-3026889954.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 245
After a recent trip, I found the nav nice and waterproof. Looking at getting a body lift soon, and my rear bar should be done by my long plain trip on June 1.

Attachments

• image-236253781.jpg
    image-236253781.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 252
What brand gauges did you get? My boost gauge i got from ebay called "KetGauge", the boost was really glitchy but the pyro worked fine. Getting them both sent back and getting good quality autometer ones from the US

Meteo I think was the brand. Seller was in QLD, I couldn't be happier with the service he provided. They were cheap but they work fine now. After sales service was second to none. I'll buy a volt gauge to match and put on a two position switch for both batteries off one gauge.

Progress on my rear bar. Shouldn't be long now

Attachments

• image-3846752218.jpg
    image-3846752218.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 227
  • image-3906272733.jpg
    image-3906272733.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 212
Coming up with ideas for the swing arm, I came up with something a bit better, hopefully I get time to finish it this week before weekend camp trip. Yesterday I had a bit of a shopping spree, I ordered my LOKKA, body lift from zordo, and 20 inch led bar. Plus I picked up a nice sidchrome ratchet set at the repo half price sale. Now I'm just going to be watching the mail box all week for parts to start arriving. Still waiting for my tigerz winch and roof top ten. Hopefully an exciting week ahead.

Attachments

• image-3897719213.jpg
    image-3897719213.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 151
Back