Pixs D22 build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G, day Pix,

Farking smart looking truck you have built so far, keep up the good work!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Started work on the roof top tent frame for above the tub, and I'm redesigning my sliders for something different. Just ordered a reverse camera and was told LOKKA will be here early next week. Thinking about taking a night mission in the mountains to test the LED bar... Or drink a few beers.

Attachments

• image-2281160325.jpg
    image-2281160325.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 123
Tent frame coming along, did some more work today. Finished bracing it after this photo, ran wires for the lights on it, then just have to paint it.

Attachments

• image-2580654776.jpg
    image-2580654776.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 145
Pretty much finished frame, ready for road and sleep test tomorrow... Fingers crossed

Attachments

• image-2469791914.jpg
    image-2469791914.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image-97450890.jpg
    image-97450890.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image-511267807.jpg
    image-511267807.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3625899118.jpg
    image-3625899118.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 146
How does it mount mate? Is it on the from and rear bars of the frame?

Frame stood up to the test of the tracks, tent was brilliant! Time to start sliders me think.

The frame sits on wheel arches on the front of the tub, and the legs are attached to the front hooks, and the rear just bolts straight through the tub. I'm going to mount the hi lift and shovel to it too, real happy! Kept most of the morning rain out of the tub too.

Attachments

• image-2955924437.jpg
    image-2955924437.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1943483332.jpg
    image-1943483332.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 136
Can you post some pics
Of the underneath and maybe the length of the mounting rails

Sure fatboy, it's 1400 long by 1260 wide. The hook buckle is holding the front onto the tie down rails, kept tight over all surfaces I drove. The rear just has a high tensile bolt through the tub with big washer on the other side. Both feet have high density rubber underneath.

Attachments

• image-4244739856.jpg
    image-4244739856.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image-3264823731.jpg
    image-3264823731.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 153
Good stuff cause my roof racks over the tray are 1360 apart so mounting it won't be an issue. :)

Last edited:
Almost broke the the damn rack trying to take it out myself, hopefully didn't bend it... Won't be trying to do that again myself anymore

New switches arrived for tent frame lights, and my LOKKA finally arrived, YAAAAAY!!!!

I still have steering issue, so might get mechanic to put in lokka and check out steering.

Got some disturbing news about my steering issue. My mechanic believes the issue to be the main bar that runs between the two front wheels, so once i do a bit of research ill know exactly what its called, and he also recommends anything i can do to strengthen the steering system. Also put in new glow plugs on Friday, man they make a huuuuge difference. Nav starts perfect now, really happy.
Now just need some time to put in the ERG plates, rear camera and hi-lift jack mount.

Finally got around to ERG and swirl mod today, had a couple of minutes free. I only plated the top, might plate the bottom later on. Seems to go aight.

I chucked in two small digital volt meters today. I think the spot was wasted so decided to use it for the mini gauges. Also finished of raising the rear bar to match body lift, and changed around some wiring. I noticed my 2nd battery wasn't charging, so I hope resetting the isolator works.

Pix, where did you get these volt meters from??
Cheers

Got some disturbing news about my steering issue. My mechanic believes the issue to be the main bar that runs between the two front wheels, so once i do a bit of research ill know exactly what its called, and he also recommends anything i can do to strengthen the steering system. Also put in new glow plugs on Friday, man they make a huuuuge difference. Nav starts perfect now, really happy.
Now just need some time to put in the ERG plates, rear camera and hi-lift jack mount.

Hi pix
that bar that connects the two sides together is called a drag link. Had to replace the one on my duel cab before i sold it last week. The part was going to cost $450 fitted from pedders including a wheel alignment. I ended up getting one for $150 from the local parts guy then $50 for a wheel alignment. took me about 1 hour including finding the tools and washing my hands at the end.

Bryce

Hi pix
that bar that connects the two sides together is called a drag link. Had to replace the one on my duel cab before i sold it last week. The part was going to cost $450 fitted from pedders including a wheel alignment. I ended up getting one for $150 from the local parts guy then $50 for a wheel alignment. took me about 1 hour including finding the tools and washing my hands at the end.

Bryce

Yep job you can do yourself for sure. I bought mine from superior engineering, heres the link;

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_346&products_id=5913

Week after i bought it, was in Bursons Auto and they had the exact same one on the shelf. Didnt ask for the price there however.

Just break the the joints with a big hammer. Dont hit the draglink or threaded sections. Give it a few knocks on the part it inserts into. Heaps of videos on youtube showing how to get ball joints loose.

Pete

Back