Pixs D22 build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camping this weekend, rear bar stayed on so that was a bonus, pretty happy with how it went over the weekend. Will finish it off when the body lift goes in, hopefully this week.

Attachments

• image-3951336112.jpg
    image-3951336112.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 241
Body lift in... Thank fully. But I hate Nissan and will take revenge on the judas that designed my bull bar. Now I'm in the market for a new one, any ideas?

Well the story is, decided late in the morning to fit my 50mm body lift I got from zordo. I decided to do this instead of the lawns and tidy my house like I'd wanted to. I followed the instructions (mostly) and all seemed to have go well. I figured my 'one thing always goes wrong' moment was when the rear left body mount nut decided it wouldn't stay in its factory made mount and I had to "create" and access panel to fix the problem.
It had all gone well once we figured the kit out and knocked the actual body lift over in a few hours, then decided to knock the bull bar over. Wow, not happy. It the desperate hours I even came here to see what others had done to fit the bull bar to match the lift, and out of the ones I found I didn't see any with my style of mounts. Not happy. Long story short, grinder made quick work of a mount that was in the way, the drill quickly made new holes, but due to a 90 degree lip on the inner underside of the bar being hard up against the chassis, I cannot get the bar flush like it was so it looks good with the lift. There is no way it can be done, my brother inlaw and I couldn't figure it out. So with Canadian club levels and temperature dropping, be decided to mount it as it was and brain storm later.
I'm either going to great out über welder again and fix it up properly, or fork out for a totally new bar. The reason for this is we could only get it to with an inch of where it was, I don't like it. I think it needs to be closer.
I'll post pics up later. Cheers....

Shouldn't be hard. Steel bar? Drill the lower chassis mount 2 inch higher and drill
The bullbar top mount 2 inch lower. Bolt it up and away you go ;)

Hey fat boy, we tried everything, the bullbar lower mounts kept hitting the body mount support, the the inner lip for the bash plate hits the chassis. After talking it out and having some clear headed thought, figured I'd cut what needs to be cut, weld in new lower bracket, probably over engineer it as usual so I feel safe, and leave it at that.
Ran into another two dramas after the body lift event. 1: I kept blowing the intercooler pipe out of the silicon sleeve. And 2: a gremlin has found its way into my audio wiring and now I have a terrible distortion out of my amp out put.
The first issue I'll fix easily enough, might even get a longer silicon sleeve for the top join which will help with pipe length.
The second one I'll have to deal with after my next run of day shifts which start tomorrow... Damn work

I chucked in two small digital volt meters today. I think the spot was wasted so decided to use it for the mini gauges. Also finished of raising the rear bar to match body lift, and changed around some wiring. I noticed my 2nd battery wasn't charging, so I hope resetting the isolator works.

Attachments

• image-2217854202.jpg
    image-2217854202.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
Bossoffroad 20inch led bar arrived today. Not I have to get cracking on refitting bulbar properly to fit this and the tigerz winch... Plus fab roof top tent tray mount. And here I am doing nightshifts until Sunday night, dammit!

I chucked in two small digital volt meters today. I think the spot was wasted so decided to use it for the mini gauges. Also finished of raising the rear bar to match body lift, and changed around some wiring. I noticed my 2nd battery wasn't charging, so I hope resetting the isolator works.

Looks the goods mate!! Really smart idea!! Where did you get them from??
Cheers

Found them on eBay, mini volt gauge out of hk, cost me I think about $7 for both to my door. Pretty happy with the result.

Yea just basic, no dimmer, but not super bright at night. Big enough to read at a glance or notice changes.

Pix said:
Yea just basic, no dimmer, but not super bright at night. Big enough to read at a glance or notice changes.

I actually think theyre a good lookin little
Bit of kit

I've been somewhat distracted with my new purchase. While I've had a second I've slightly fixed my bullbat, so I can attached my now arrive tigerz winch, my 20in led bar, and weld up the rooftop tent frame. Will post pics, and I'll have to get back to the sliders too.
I've attached a photo of my new distraction.

Attachments

• image-1217497812.jpg
    image-1217497812.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 121
Had a few minutes to myself today, so I ducked down to Bunnings, picked up some longer bolts for the winch, rotated the gear box, and mounted her up. Now I just want to find a high amp relay so I can put a switch in the cab instead of under the bonnet like my first idea.
I'm happy with how she bolted in. Now to fab up some bash plates and finish with painting the rear bar.

Attachments

• image-2589094044.jpg
    image-2589094044.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image-262410350.jpg
    image-262410350.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 149
Winch finished and LED bar mounted. Not sure if I will remove hid from headlights. I'm also unsure of how to tilt the headlights down a bit.
I'm happy with how winch turned out, needed to extend cables, and rotate clutch. Led bar went in easy.

Attachments

• image-930405051.jpg
    image-930405051.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 149
  • image-3178681358.jpg
    image-3178681358.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 139

Latest posts

Back