power steering belt replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlsNavara

Reaction score
Hi guys
have searched forum for details on replacing the power steering belt on my D40, have a very noisy belt, have tried spraying but does not last.
Any suggestions please?
thanks

Hi guys
have searched forum for details on replacing the power steering belt on my D40, have a very noisy belt, have tried spraying but does not last.
Any suggestions please?
thanks

Hi again,
what I was after in this thread was how to remove the belt if anyone has any idea, I did see the adjustment bolt, does the pulley securing bolt need to be loosened? i did try that but it would not budge.

you untight the bolt ontop on the pulley which is the securiting bolt and then untight the bolt in the middle of the pulley and it moves downwards. reverse actions to tighten the new belt.

you untight the bolt ontop on the pulley which is the securiting bolt and then untight the bolt in the middle of the pulley and it moves downwards. reverse actions to tighten the new belt.

Thanks so much. I had a feeling that was how it was done but the bolt in the middle was very tight, so much appreciate your reply

i am sorry, i just reread my repply and i got the bolts imeant the other way around(sorry for my bad english), the bolt in the middle of the pulley is the securing one and the other one on top is the adjuster. hopefully you will read this before you proceed any further, here is the manual copy
image.png

Latest posts

Back