Projecta electronic dual battery help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a Projecta electronic dual battery isolator.

This arvo she wouldn't turn over, no biggy, just hit the override button and started off the auxiliary battery (Optima yellow top you beauty!)

Pretty sure nothing was on coz I check no headlights, interior lights etc. are left on when I get out. So it's gotta be the main battery faulty/had its day.

When I stopped I let it sit for a couple minutes then cranked her over again and off she went, turned her off again, however the blue charging light was staying on on the Projecta unit. I read the little booklet it came with and says charging when ignition on blah blah.

Bringing me to my question...

Does the unit also allow for charging when the ignition is off hence why the light is staying on coz the main battery is stuffed? Or is could the isolator also be stuffed?

Cheers in advance

Ps. Sorry for the long windedness of the question!!!

The projecta unit will probably use a voltage sensitive relay (VSR) to determine when to supply auxiliary power. If there's a fault in the battery where it's presenting a high surface charge (with no 'depth' to it) then it could be keeping the Projecta unit running.

It is also possible that the Projecta is faulty - hard to say. You'd have to test them individually, most auto electricians could do a depth of charge test on your battery.

You'd have to test them individually, most auto electricians could do a depth of charge test on your battery.

Thanks Tony.

Might drop in somewhere tomorrow who has a battery tester. My trusty multi meter only tells me so much!

Hindsight: Ordered new battery today so will test the existing one before changing it!

Last edited:
ive got the same and when you turn the car off that blue light stays on for a couple of minutes

Cheers guys

Main battery ended up being rooted. Got them both tested day after as I left in my last post. Out of 650 odd CCA she only had around 440 left in her, so I replaced it with a Super Charge Gold with 720 CCA.

Hasn't missed a beat since and starts a shit load quicker! Use to go chug chug chug chug chug broommmm on start now just chug broommmm and she's away!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back