Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, how many of you havent done the EGR block mod and would be keen to do it??? Have a sheet of stainless at home that i can make the plates with at work. Only reason I havent done mine yet is effort lasyness and time, so would be good, could cut up a heap of them on the saturday. We knock off at 11 so anytime after that will be fine to arrive.

Any chance of keeping one of the EGR plates aside for the next mechanic day?

Ok so its gonna be Saturday the 12th of March @ 21 Spine Street Sumner Park, Building is clearly marked you wont miss it. Time will be 12noon onwards ish, a little earlier wont hurt but i will be working and at least looking busy till 11a.m. Looking forward too meeting some of you and developing some action plans for your cars!!

Again out of interest, I would like too put forward details of a potential team project, perhaps a tuff truck or something similar? we can discuss more on the day..

Hay guys I'm on the Goldcoast how far away is the coast to your shop I'm a welder fabricator by trade MIG tig and stick welding I would really like to come have a look and maybe able to lend a hand .

Next door to Wacol mate, easy to find...

Great concept here, 21 spine st.... I drive past you everyday! I work on the corner of Spine & Wolston rd... Silver D22...

I need to get my bodylift in before i start playing with Underbody guards and sliders etc, But but would like to come down for a stickybeak :)

NA_R33 - Is that Norm Engineering??

Sh*t I have a cricket match on that day, I might chuck a sicky from that to Attend...

Its about 40-50 mins from the coast.

Yeah Norm Engineering mate, you work at Tamex or the other side? How'd you go with all the water?

I'm looking forward to this. with any luck, i should have a new (second hand, excellent condition) diff in the rear-end of my truck by the time this rolls around.

My project for the day (apart form discussing the finer points on why diesel is better than petrol, why d22's are superior to d40's and downing an icy cold beverage or two) is to design/install the rear work light for my nav (that's if i don't get the itch and put it in this sunday (more than likely to happen) and wire up a switch in the cabin for it.

other projects include some more driving/work lights, dual battery system and the all important rear diff bash plate!

NA33
I have a spare EGR blank plate for a D40 you can keep/use as a template.

i wont be able to stick around at the 12th of march meet up day but i can swing by and drop off the ERG plate if you want it.
Also i would love to buy a rear diff guard if you guys end up fabricating one! Let me know how its goes.

I live local u might have seen a bright red nav lifted on mickey thompson tyres and Arb sahara bar running around, not many red ones :)

I live local

Gents I'll do my best to pop round/help out where I can.... I work at Jindalee which is not too far.

Got a few Ideas form my D40....will be good to have a chat/advice about it.

Its about 40-50 mins from the coast.

Yeah Norm Engineering mate, you work at Tamex or the other side? How'd you go with all the water?

Yeh Tamex, we went roof deep with the floods.. Lost pretty much everything except the steel supports.. Spent a good 4 days cleaning mud out of everything and had to strip the forklifts.. We are only just fully operational this week so things are back on track!

Krunchi, that would be great if you could mate, make life alot easier.

CAM500 i hope you drop in really want to see your car in the flesh!!!

redaman: Awesome to hear mate!!, we got about 1600mm through our workshop, lost a bit, but also got a considerable amount of stuff out. We faired alot better than most in the area due to some help from shaws* (spelling) transport and an all nighter from myself and dad to get as much gear as we could out of the workshop.

We spent nearly over a week straight cleaning and the sparkies spent 2 weeks straight weekends and public holidays getting the workshop ready for when energex turned the power back on.

Its been increadibly tuff but were back up to full production now and just trying to catch up on all the wotk that is late due to loosing a month of production is driving us nuts. For a company that has a main product that is usually built to order, Order recieved to dispatched with 5 to 7 working days. Our lead times have blown out to an average of 3 weeks for those products alone its extremely difficult trying to keep our major clients onside and with us.

But hey we are managing and fairing pretty well due to some great staff friends and support and we can be more greatful.

But hey were up for the challenge and appreciate the support!! I've only taken over as leading hand for the workshop approximately 5 months ago so its all a little overwhelming but if I can handle it now I'm sure I'll be able to handle it for as long as I need too.

hopefully i'm getting my rear axle/diff replaced next saturday morning before the meetup, then coming straight over, so we can use my old diff as a template (save us having to crawl under a car!) to design up a bash plate and mounting methods (i'm thinking three U-bolts should do the trick)

yup, i'm in, should be doing my rear-diff swap in the morning, and at this meet on time, assuming everything goes according to plan.

Latest posts

Back