Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would definetly be keen. Just bought a D40. Im an Electrician so any electrical mods or questions i may be able to help.

I don't have much to offer but I am keen to learn so If you guys want a student and a helping hand I'm keen.

Sounds like a good day. I'll try help where I can. I've worked the last couple of saturdays but am getting truly sick of it so sounds like a good excuse to keep the day free.

i would definetly be keen. Just bought a D40. Im an Electrician so any electrical mods or questions i may be able to help.

Like-wise, I'm also a sparkie, So i *may* be of some help!

speaking of which, my project on sunday is to permanently wire my work light into my tray and onto the sports bar. I'm using a Relay to switch, so i can also run a switch into the cabin, so it can be a reverse light should i need it!

Wow, I'm excited too! This sounds better all the time. I'm looking forward to potentially having our bash plates/diff guards/sliders custom made on site, WOW! :cheers!:

Will have to save some monies to put towards our efforts. :rock:

Thanks
Ray

sounds like a good plan to me! i don't have anything planned on that day, and i'll have my new diff by then, so I should be able to weld a bash plate onto it a

Would you actually want to weld a guard to the diff Josh.? I've only ever seen bolt on jobs, that can be removed if neccessary.

to get my sliders powder coated on the cheap

I'd suggest you just spray them with an industrial enamel so that when they scratch you can just give them a quick touch up. Powder coat is a pain to touch up and tends to chip off in larger chips. I've got a can of black killrust and piece of cardboard i use for touchups i keep in the shed.

Who told you?? haha, I made them take the big bottle away, they were sucking on it during work time.... not good....

In Regards to welding the diff for the diff guard, My suggestion would be too stitch some threaded mounting plates to it and then bolt the guard on.

Ordered some more high tensile cold drawn seemless pipe for my sliders today. Getting excited now, have heaps of gloss black enamel here too as thats just about the only colour we paint our gear.

Still deciding whether I want to do a body lift or not... I'm leaning towards not as theres no point if 33's dont scrub on the standard rims....

Hey Josh, you were talking about welding on a diff guard, heres one for you! Nothing, and I mean nothing would get through this.

Australian 4WD Action | Forum - Login

Still leaves a bit unprotected, but anyway.

Bring on the Dodgy Days, My poor V6 needs some mods/protection. Going without beer/scotch at the moment to help pay for any projects that we come up with. :cheers!:

haha yep! you in sat week i think it is? the boys found that spare set of 2" lift D40 front springs the other day cleaning out the front shed, they are yours if you still want them if not 80 bucks to the next bidder, brand new never used still wrapped in plastic and flood mud from calmini down south.

Out of interest, how many of you havent done the EGR block mod and would be keen to do it??? Have a sheet of stainless at home that i can make the plates with at work. Only reason I havent done mine yet is effort lasyness and time, so would be good, could cut up a heap of them on the saturday. We knock off at 11 so anytime after that will be fine to arrive.

Just for house keeping;

- I dont expect all of you to own steel cap boots but please at least covered in shoes.
- If you plan to do some welding some jeans and a flanny or long sleeve shirt to throw on while welding (although i expect this first day to be a bit more of a meet and greet, setup and planning)
- Fridges are also on site to store food and beverage of all varieties.
- We have a full functioning paint booth and guns good enough to do most rough jobs, for any body panel (good finish) type stuff I would suggest borrowing or sourcing a decent gravity feed gun.
- Please bring axel stands if you plan on getting under your cars
- Oil Drain pans if you plan on doing services, i have facilities for getting rid of waste oil
- Any tools ie, spanners and sockets you may think you will need, I will have a my personal spanners and sockets available for use but our shop has limited resources on that front although we do have 1/2" drive rattle guns available.

Please be aware that this is manufacturing workshop and can be a dangerous place, that said I am very easy going as long as a bit of commence is displayed and employed and a quick informal induction on the day there shouldnt be any problems.

I think we are onto a good thing and look forward to meeting a few more of you.

Look foward to meeting you guys.

I was thinking of doing it , ButI thought you had the 2.5 L ?

Going to be very carefull ! Payed for a corporate box seat on Sunday go the Roar !!!!

mate i'll try my best to pop in, tina usually books me in for the weekends but i'd definitely try to come down for a visit at least.

in regards to the lift kit, cheers but i think it'll end up sitting around my place for some time before i put them in so i reckon sell them if you can. if they are taking up space or whatever and you're going to throw em out then swing them my way i guess.

Back