R180A E-Locker.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly very interested in the E-lockers now rather than the auto Lokka's. That way I wouldn't have to worry about stress when turning sharp with bit of load on bitumen and also the clicking sounds. Don't want my mates to say "I think your front diff or CVs is going" lol.

$1500 is a bit dear but seeing it's only just been released and I am sure it should settle over time. Well I do hope so as I wanna have it in both of my diffs! Hope they can do a good deal if order both at the same time.:flowers: LOL

Al is spot on, and for that reason you can drive the tricky sections with less right foot which obviously decreases the stress even more. As Woody found out that when you have one wheel spinning and it suddenly grabs traction = disaster.

Woody's not alone in that department! It was a little too much right boot that shattered my CV (front left). Had the front wheels been turning at the same rate I doubt very much I would have buggered mine.

Cheers Brad

Certainly very interested in the E-lockers now rather than the auto Lokka's. That way I wouldn't have to worry about stress when turning sharp with bit of load on bitumen and also the clicking sounds. Don't want my mates to say "I think your front diff or CVs is going" lol.

I think you will find that the "lokka" is always unlocked, and only makes the clicking sound when its locks up and a slight noise when it unlocks.
This wont happen when you are on the bitumen simply because you are not in 4x4 mode.
The "lokka" will only lock up when you give it torque from the engine, if it is not receiving any torque from the drive shaft it is therefore unlocked, and turning sharp corners when not in 4x4 will not be a problem at all, and cause no extra stress what so ever, actually it will be no different to a standard version.

nathand22 said:
I think you will find that the "lokka" is always unlocked, and only makes the clicking sound when its locks up and a slight noise when it unlocks.
This wont happen when you are on the bitumen simply because you are not in 4x4 mode.
The "lokka" will only lock up when you give it torque from the engine, if it is not receiving any torque from the drive shaft it is therefore unlocked, and turning sharp corners when not in 4x4 will not be a problem at all, and cause no extra stress what so ever, actually it will be no different to a standard version.

Actually, if you read the rundown on the 4wd systems site, the lokka's natural state is to be locked. And unlocks when differential action is detected/required. The difference is that an LSD drives the outside wheel, where the lokka drives the inside wheel.

But seriously, go and read the 4wd systems site.

And like you said, you're not in 4wd on the bitumen, and assuming your hubs are unlocked, there's no dramas.

Dave Got a response

Good Afternoon Dugald

Thankyou for your interest in Harrop Performance Products.
Unfortunately, these units are still in development but will be available for 1986-Current
D22 Navara front and rear applications.
I do not have a firm ETA or price on these units as of yet.
We are looking to have them on shelf sometime in the early parts of 2012.
Current ELockers are priced at $1599.40inc GST. The D22 units will be somewhere around that price also but possibly more.

Thanks guys, I now have bit better understanding about the lokka. But i like idea of a traction with push of a button. Beside of the price, which of either lokka or elocker would be better? Since D40 front diff is heard not to be that strong so I reckon maybe elocker should be beter. That way you can only active the elocker only if you do need both front wheel to get that maximum traction at a particular time/spot. What you reckon? I might be wrong.

That's what I have been thinking black tonka that it is able to be engaged when I want it to be engaged not locked all the time like the lokka.

rusty

Actually, if you read the rundown on the 4wd systems site, the lokka's natural state is to be locked. And unlocks when differential action is detected/required. The difference is that an LSD drives the outside wheel, where the lokka drives the inside wheel.

But seriously, go and read the 4wd systems site.

And like you said, you're not in 4wd on the bitumen, and assuming your hubs are unlocked, there's no dramas.

Yeah mate I have read the speel on the web site although it was along time ago. What I was trying to explain but obviously not very well, was that without the car being in 4wd the lokka has no way of being forced to stay locked, so it is free to let the car steer as normal even though you may be hard on the go peddle. So basically in my crazy brain the unit is unlocked.
The other thing is weather or not the hubs are locked, I own a d40 so my hubs are always locked but this makes no difference because there is no force from the transfer until I turn the dial and engage 4wd.
Sorry if it came across a little backwards haha but I often confuse myself with my own jabba lol

The other thing is weather or not the hubs are locked, I own a d40 so my hubs are always locked but this makes no difference because there is no force from the transfer until I turn the dial and engage 4wd.

hmmm...i would have said that the lokka is still doing what it does, but you wouldn't notice it because the engine is not providing any power to the front diff, but the wheels being locked to it would make the front diff turn over regardless.

it's be interesting to know if the lokka gets it's engagement (or disengagement) from the prop-shaft side of drive line only, or if the locking/unlocking effect can also come from the wheels.

hmmm...i would have said that the lokka is still doing what it does, but you wouldn't notice it because the engine is not providing any power to the front diff, but the wheels being locked to it would make the front diff turn over regardless.

it's be interesting to know if the lokka gets it's engagement (or disengagement) from the prop-shaft side of drive line only, or if the locking/unlocking effect can also come from the wheels.

From both the ground force is the force that unlocks the unit and the way it Is designed is that it locks up tighter and tighter under increasing force from the drive shaft eg the more you exelerate. I will have to have another read but I thought that's what was so unique about the lokka in that it has the ability through it's design to lock not just in and out but to be able to lock tighter and tighter.
Now I'm off to double check if Im remembering that right

Since I hate ARB, bump this thread.

ARB were dicks and wouldn't touch the diesel D22's for years until Eaton got in with the E-locker.

Now they seen a market.

Eaton all the way, cheaper fitted to.

Dave what $$$ are they talking for a supply and fit? I heard it was a direct bolt in and run wire for switch fit? Remove the old and slap in the new?

$1600 I heard on the Patrol forum.

Haven't had a chance to ring them myself yet.

Not sure about a Navara price to be honest.

Latest posts

Back