R180A E-Locker.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd still go a front lokka. I have one in my D22 and I can't fault it. The torque steering is not an issue at all, I still drive mine in 4H at 80-90km/h on dirt roads in total control. The steering does feel alot firmer and the steering wheel wants to centre itself faster out of a corner but you get used to this and I actually prefer it now.

With a front lokka in you don't need to think about engaging anything while driving, you just pick your line and drive it. With a manual locker, by the time you have realised you need it, you may be already be well and truly stuck....

In addition, with a front manual locker you will lose much more steering than you will with an auto locker. This is particularly important in river crossings where you have to change course to follow the shallowest alignment.

Price is also a shitload cheaper than any manual locker, $570 delivered and I paid about $600 to have it installed.

Go the front lokka, you won't regret it!

Emailed the guys at Harrop the other day and this is the reply.

Thankyou for your interest in Harrop Performance Products!

The D22 Navara ELockers are currently in development with the D40 models now available.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with a D22 release date at this stage but be sure to keep an eye on our website and add us on Facebook for product releases and updates.

As far as price goes I spoke to the local opposite lock guys the other day and $1600 seems about the mark.

I was talking to old mate from Eaton the other day.

They haven't done one for the R200 yet.

Hurry up.

I remember 4wd a^(%*n did a test on all of the available lockers including lokka, air lockers and the eaton e-locker either last year or the year before. From memory, the eaton e-locker went reasonably well, although there was some indentations in the carrier from were the pins were seated.

Just got this email from Harrop.

The D22 Navara ELockers are now in production and will become available during June 2012.

Thankyou!
Regards,
Mark Durrant | Customer Service Coordinator

Harrop Performance Products

Yeah I spoke to Harrop about a month ago and they where having some trouble sourcing some parts or something like that and the revised release date was end of july early august.

Woohoo we have progression. Contacted harrop today and the locker is released. Then contact Opposite Lock as they are one of the installers just to get a rough price. This is what I got:

Supply only of Eaton E Locker - $1595
Supply and install - $1950

Supply and install is complete with new bearings, oil, wired to your desired location, switch, etc.

It's a pretty big pocket outlay for me at the moment. But still high on my list to do.

Also got prices on ARB locker to comparison.
Locker $1200
Compressor $300
Install $675
Plus bearings plus other parts if damage is present before New locker installed.

Also had an ARB store tell me they won't install a front air locker if I haven't got a rear locker cause apparently all a front locker does is smash cvs all the time.

RustyNav09 said:
That was my point. Also everyone with the Lokka wouldn't they be busting CVS aswell? So I like the e locker for its simplicity and the ease of the fact its only 2 wires, not hoses etc

What a load of Fucken shit! They're trying to up sell you.

Fatboy
That was my exact thought. That's why I will be sticking to the e locker AMD hunting other companies that install them. Be interesting to see the price comparisons between the same product.

There out now I got an email from Harrop a few days ago saying that I could finally get one.

Back