R180A E-Locker.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had been released for a while ad opposite lock were installing them. My local store had no problems getting them I just had problems getting the money for one as its close to Christmas and Noone has money to by my second car that I don't need

Ok as people may be aware is that harrop released the Eaton E Locker for the front r180a diff on our d22s. They also released the rear c200 for our rear ends aswell. Some other great news is Ironman are a distributor or these lockers. Still the locker itself is the same price as you would purchase it from harrop or opposite lock, the only thing that changes is fitting costs.

Here are a few prices i recieved.

Opposite lock Springwood $1950 fitted
Opposite lock nerang $1900 fitted
My mechanic (Southern District Repco Service Centre) $1850-1875.

To be honest even though my mechanic is cheaper he has worked on all of my vehicles and families vehicles for the past 10+years. So he will be getting my business. He is also a Ironman, Tigerz11, Superior Engineering distributor.

Rusty

had an E locker in the front of mine for about 3 months now and its awsum what a difference it makes. never had any problems with it only problem ive had was snapping the left axle coz its hollow on later models and damaging the locker and diff.

had an E locker in the front of mine for about 3 months now and its awsum what a difference it makes. never had any problems with it only problem ive had was snapping the left axle coz its hollow on later models and damaging the locker and diff.

Hollow axle?? really??

yeah mate the LHS axle is hollow my mate at Opposite Lock has spoken to Harrop and they are considering making a solid axle for the D22 so stay tuned

That's wierd about the hollow axle. How late is your model d22? I'm pretty sure all I have seen are solid bar not a hollow tube setup. Which buts in the locker did you break? I will be having mine fitted very shortly.

Thanks for your info

mine is a late 2011 model we asked Nissan and they know about it but cant offer a solution very weird how its only the LHS

That's is crazy. I'm hoping mine aren't hollow. Mines a 2009 model and I'm pretty sure I heard someone on here with same model snapped a few cvs before.

yeah mate the LHS axle is hollow my mate at Opposite Lock has spoken to Harrop and they are considering making a solid axle for the D22 so stay tuned

wow thats hard to understand.:hmmmm2:

I have seen photos on this site of broken D22 axles and none have been hollow,
so why not just use an older model axle then instead of waiting for OPL??

Last edited:
I wish mine was just a cv it took 4 weeks to get new parts $2800 just for parts alone when mine went I even needed a new diff housing coz when it snapped it warped it

Oh boy. I think I will be taking mine very lightly. What's sort of damage to the actually locker was done. Or was it more the orginal parts ie. Diff housing, cvs/axles, crown wheel etc?

Rusty

we sent the locker off to Harrop and it came back as runnin 98% true so she was warped a tiny bit but compared to how bad everything else was it held up well so yeah needed a new locker as well

image-3897009680.jpg

That's what happened to my diff on the weekend it's the shaft that goes inside the diff completely snapped..it is hollow but has a bolt that goes through it..

Wow you must of really pushed it to its limit somehow. Harrop doesnt make stuff unless it is true and tested to very high standards. Ive seen there locker testing and its pretty hard going

That's just the standard diff mate no lokka or anything r180a diff.. Wasn't even doing anything just a little hill climb didn't even hear it break.. Just couldn't work out y I wasn't getting up the hill.. Then the boys said the front wheels not spinning

same thing happened to mine we have tried to strengthen it with a high tensile bolt in it but yeah we will see how long that lasts til it does it again

Yeah my mate might try get titanium ones made up for me still gotta pull the diff out and hope no other damage to it.. Probably put a lokka in it whilst it's out..

Latest posts

Back