Rapid Fix.... Something for your Toolbox/Glovebox ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Guys.....

Looking to find out if anyone has had experience with this product called "Rapid Fix". From the Youtube clip, it seems it would be a handy product to have.... has anybody used this at all ??

VTS 01 1 AMAZING RAPID FIX WELDING GLUE

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmgEkbp5eM[/YT]

Almost had to use to ti repair the radiator on the cape trip. I carry it in my spares kit just incase. Never had to use it. Touch wood

Rusty

Looks pretty versatile! I had a look $30 for the two tubes (10 grams each) which seems decent in an emergency situation.

Personally I carry JB weld with me in my kit, also for radiators I carry perm-o-seal. Have never had to use them personally and I hope I never have to.

Guys.....

Looking to find out if anyone has had experience with this product called "Rapid Fix". From the Youtube clip, it seems it would be a handy product to have.... has anybody used this at all ??

VTS 01 1 AMAZING RAPID FIX WELDING GLUE

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmgEkbp5eM[/YT]

I have used it a few times on the sons motorbike and on other things it is good gear but it will it will dry out, I have had 2 bottles dry out had about 5mm left in the bottom and it went hard, if you search the net you can buy min of 4 for the $80, yes woth having in the toolkit.
cheers Lyle

How quickly does it dry out?
I've still got two part patch stuff from the first van 30 years ago that still works and it was nothing like $30-80.

Has anyone found out what the chemical action is?
and what the failings are?
The add sort of reminds me of the early adds for super glue.

Doesn't work well if force is applied to the part with constant vibrations. Don't know how long some of the applications in this video would last but, it may be enough to get you to the next town.

Carry it in my tool bag at every job. Works really well on plastics and bloody fast. I'm onto my second lot in twelve months. My sunnies are held together with the stuff, have been for months now!!

Cheers Brad

Carry it in my tool bag at every job. Works really well on plastics and bloody fast. I'm onto my second lot in twelve months. My sunnies are held together with the stuff, have been for months now!!

Cheers Brad

Brad, you haven't used D22Dave's exercise equipment though, have you?

I've used RapidFix. Holds a door shelf support (plastic) together in the caravan fridge and it's been on some rough roads - it's holding together nicely.

Ive used it a few times for various jobs around the home but never for life and death fix jobs on the nav! It used to be marketed as "Maverick Bond". I have had a bottle for about 6 or 7 years but I keep it in the fridge!

it's a must to have to have in the tool box.

i went out with a few blokes to mundaring powerlines WA, i smacked a rock bust the seal about 2 inch along the bottom radiator all the water came pissing out. got towed 6 kilo bought rapid fix from auto cheap applied waited 10 min put 5 litres off colant in and drove 70 kilometers back home.

Latest posts

Back