Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made up some fuel line brackets using some 125 x 100 "L" brackets I got from bunnings and used P clips with a 1/4" x 1" bolt to secure both the fuel supply and return lines. The bracket has 3 holes on it so I may run cabling on the other hole to keep everything looing neat.

Fuel tank all bolted in. Still need to do the return line this week

Flaring the 3/8" fuel lines. Needed the extra clamps to hold the pipe in place to get a good flare

I'm hoping to finish off the fuel return lines this week. I need to run some sort of fuel cooler but that can wait a while.
I have coilover brackets to pick up from the laser cutter and the axle needs a paint
Diff will be going in for a rebuild next then I can start final assembly

Cutting Brakes are in

I bolted it to the floor instead of welding it should it need to moved. Was pretty easy to do just time consuming

Still another 6 months off yet. Need to do cage and get it tuned next. May be out for testing before christmas though

Spent some good hours on the truck on Friday and Saturday (my days off work). Rear brakes are done from master cylinder to the caliper except for the s/steel braided bits. I just need to run the front brake lines now and get all of the braid made up. That will be an expensive exercise...... There are 10x braided joints in the entire system. I have run as much solid line as possible to avoid spongy brakes

Fuel lines are all done. I'm awaiting a fuel cooler from the states so there will be some slight modifications then to put that in.

I got my brackets back from laser cutting so they went in yesterday

Things currently left on my to do list

Fit fuel cooler and finish plumbing
Fit oil cooler and relocate oil filter
Fit power steering cooler and finish plumbing
Relocate W2A radiator to rear of truck. I may look at running a bigger rad and higher flowing pump as I am not limited by space anymore
Trim and fit stylesides
Buy and fit a sway bar
Get the engine tuned
Buy new tires and beadlocks
Fit cage, seats and harness
Run an Isolation switch
Rewire all the switches
Fit some more gauges
Weigh car and buy new coil springs
Gas shocks and bumpstops

That's all I can think of atm
As you can see I still have a lot to do

THIS IS AWSOME MATE.. just re read the whole thread again. It's coming along. . Going to be a weapon

This part of my build is sort of coming to an end. Most of the major parts have been fabricated however final assembly is still a while off. My E Locker should be here soon from the states and then the rear diff will get built. I still need to buy a sway bar and weld that in. I also need to make a spare wheel carrier and put the style sides back on. Once that is done its just prime and paint and final assembly.

I will be continuing the rest of my race truck build in this thread because I don't think I need another. This weeks progress has been oil and power steering cooler mounts. Still waiting on another core to come from the US

Jesus this has been a mammoth build and if I didn't drive my nav as a daily I would love to attempt this one day..... just no where near the welded you are haha! If you doing it again with the front section would you go the sane with the patrol axle flip? I see rugged rocks sell a complete SAS conversion from the States for $9000? It would be pricey getting it over here but surely it would come with everything you need and the axle would be prepped and welded?

Yeah the rugged rocks kit would be better as it uses Dana60 knuckles and a patrol centre. The majority of the welding is also done. If I were to do it again I would buy a ruff stuff housing, use a 9" centre, RCV cv's and run D60 knuckles. Bend up my own shock hoops and run coilovers and bypasses on the front

Yeah the rugged rocks also has the benefit of all the steering gear being in the kit also. Id rather just do the least possible modification and bang it together nice and easy without too many backwards steps

Well there hasn't been much progress in the last 2 weeks as I have been crook as but I managed to get the diff built. I threw the axle housing back under the chassis today to measure everything up so I can buy a sway bar from Currie. Ill order that tonight and it should be here in 2 weeks

This part of my build is sort of coming to an end. Most of the major parts have been fabricated however final assembly is still a while off. My E Locker should be here soon from the states and then the rear diff will get built. I still need to buy a sway bar and weld that in. I also need to make a spare wheel carrier and put the style sides back on. Once that is done its just prime and paint and final assembly.

I will be continuing the rest of my race truck build in this thread because I don't think I need another. This weeks progress has been oil and power steering cooler mounts. Still waiting on another core to come from the US

Where have you sourced the coolers from..i am constaintly cooking my oil these days and looking for nice cooler

Been plodding along with the build this week. I'm back at uni 2 days a week and still working 4 days a week so my time is limited on the truck now. I have had to prime a lot of the rear section of the chassis and shock towers as the surface rust was starting to take hold. Sanding back the metal and priming was a very time consuming task, I really need to buy a spray gun....

I've made some progress with the power steering and oil coolers. Both of the brackets are burnt in and coolers bolted up. I had the high pressure hose in the shop for some modifications; I had the hose shortened from 565mm to 300mm and the steering box banjo has been replaced with a shorter variant. I did this to reduce the amount of hose in the engine bay in an effort to tidy it up a bit. I have also run the hoses from the reservoir to the pump and from the cooler back to the reservoir. I still need to run the braided line from the box to the cooler and then the power steering will be done. Next weekend I hope to get the oil cooler finished.

Got both of the coolers mounted and the power steering plumbed up and bleed. I made a bit of a mistake with my plumbing that I'm absolutely kicking myself about. I got the high and low pressure lines around the wrong way :angry: so when I initially tried to bleed the system it was doing weird things. I should of paid more attention when I was looking at my GU setup as that's what I copied. It was a quick and easy fix to swap the fittings around and now its all sweet.

I'm going to Mogumber next weekend so wont be any progress for a while. The oil cooler plumbing and sway bar is next on the to do list

Well the Sway bar rocked up last week so hopefully it will be going in this weekend. I have decided to mount it behind the rear axle under the fuel tank instead of in front of it as I don't have the room.

I also put the axle and links back together and measured all of the braided lines so they are being made this week

I'm still undecided if I run and oil accumulator yet, engine bay space is at a premium atm so we will see.
The spare tire mount will be next on the to do list after the sway bar is in

Latest posts

Back