Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
Thread is a great read.
Just on a quick note if you're not planning on running a thermostat. You might need a restriction plate in cooling system.
With the 150l pump it might push water/coolant through to quick to cool.

Keep up the great work
Cheers

Ahh yes I have though about that. Im running a variable resistor on the water pump so I can run it at a lower voltage if the flow is too great.

Put in a few big days on the truck this week. I moved the fuel filter to the drivers side so I can fit the accumulator in the engine bay.

I then turned my attention to the water piping for the W2A setup. I want to run as much solid line as possible with minimal joins.

I'm still learning TIG welding so there will be a few more hours in the shed practicing before I weld everything up

Accumulator is all bolted up. Was a tight fit but it will work. Once the Water lines are done I will plumb this up and hopefully that will be the end of plumbing!

Been working on some protection for the fuel tank to keep CAMS happy. Will run a 3mm bash plate underneath for additional protection.

Will start mounting the style sides this week if I have time, then Ill paint the back of the chassis over christmas

Well its been a rather busy week on the truck. Picked up the diff and links from getting painted/powder coated. Cheers to Sam from Slinky customs for helping out with that, the blue is sorta growing on me.......

Started work on the tray this week as well. Initially each side was 35 kg

I have cut as much as I can away from the sides. They are down to 12 - 15kgs atm. I will start mounting them this week if I can get a mate around to give me a hand.

I also ordered all of the oil lines and fittings so that will get done during the Chrissy break

Yeah camo.b I Bought all of the fittings and braided lines for the oiling system, few hours worth of work there :) The cooler is already mounted. Just need to mount the extermal oil filter somewhere. Might be on the inside of the bulbar as I have 0 space left

Got one of the tray sides mounted up, not too difficult to do. Just need a second set of hands to hold the side in place while measure and mark

Sandwich plate but I haven't taken the old oil filter off yet so dunno if it will fit.......

hmm its an 08 YD25. I honestly cannot remember what it looks like. I never drive it so I have only changed the oil once in the last 18 months. Ill pull it off in the next week or so and sus it out. I got a Z9 filter to go on the relocation plate so I will be increasing the filter size as well. With the accumulator, lines and cooler I will be doubling my oiling capacity (10L total)

Bedside are now all done. I've started stripping the rear end for painting now that all the fab work is done.

Had to modify the oil filter mount with the angle grinder to accept the sandwich plate. All I did was remove it from the block and grind off the guard off at the bas to fit the plate and hose.

Remote oil filter is located below the front drivers side headlight. Its a little exposed for my liking but I have nowhere else left to put it

I have also finished the majority of the oil lines. I need to buy a few more fittings this week and the oiling system will be done

This week I finished all of the oil lines

I finally managed to track down some twin piston brakes form a TB42 EFI GQ. This should add some more stopping power to the front end.

The Autometer gauges came as well

I also finished welding up all of the rear fuel cell protection bar work, sway bar mount, bedside mounts and link brackets. Everything is primed and ready for painting this week.

Latest posts

Back