Rebuilt motor wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
Hi all
Iv just rebuild the zd30 in my nav i pulled it out striped it and got a engine builder to rebuild it new head and pistons but kept the old injector pump as i didnt have 3500 to rebuild the pump and it wasnt an issue before hand i then put the intake and exhaust and the rest of the bolt ons back on and re installed the motor after hooking everything up i cant get it to start i think i bleed the system right but it just wont go any ideas or the exact procedure to reconnect the injector pump and get it running.
Thanks in advance

Cracking an injector is definitive and you'll know for certain then. However, you can also see if the primer bulb needs a lot (5+) of squeezes before it becomes firm. It should get firm enough to be difficult to pump in 3-4 squeezes. This is not a perfect test, but it will tell you if fuel is at least getting up to the engine bay and there are no air leaks.

Iv pumped the shit out of it it did have heaps of air in the system and even after it got hard after a little wile it would have some air in it again, got it firm now and put a lift pump in it to keep the pressure up till it starts and i cracked 2 injectors and a little bit of fuel came out but not heaps how much should come out ?

when i bleed the fuel line i use an air compressor and pressurise the fuel tank to push the fuel through
and with help from a friend get them to turn it over while i pressurise the tank.
my hand primer also doesn't work, i can pump that thing all day and still get no resistance.
hope this helps

Latest posts

Back