Recall on Navara Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stupid thing here is that this recall is issued by Nissan but not instigated by Nissan. Nissan didn't make the wheels therefore it's manufacturer that's prompted Nissan to make the call the easiest way they know how through possibly effected VIN's in a date range.

In some ways I feel sorry for Nissan having to wear this recall, there would have been other rims made in the same factory which the manufacture would have had to recall through other means. Notifying Nissan that batch XYZ sold between date 1 and 2 means the manufacturer is getting the easy run and Nissan are doing their recall for them.

Doesn't excuse the attitudes of some dealers and phone workers but from experience we all know dealers get told as little as they need when it suits the manufacturer, so it's not overly surprising.

Well there would have to be just like every other product created otherwise how would they know which ones to recall.

Batch numbers protect the manufacturer, whatever code they use (and it could be done in a number of ways) is what tells them which wheels need to be checked and which wheels don't have to come in for a check. The coding might be something obvious or something not so obvious but such coding in most manufacturing plants can nearly tell them who farted on the production line the day the item was made. The rim makers probably issued the numbers to Nissan and Nissan know where and when those rims were put on cars but it's easier for them to do VIN recalls and let the mechanics check the batch number and dye the wheels than having customers do their own batch number checking on each wheel.

Does this only pertain to the round bits attached to my "wheels"? cause I'd gladly hand back my ride as one big !@#$ up by the Nissan factory.

Hi All, Newbie here to the forum. Picked up an '07 ST-X D40 auto. Been happy with it since. Picked it up about a month ago and joined the forum soon after. Been following the recalls for a while and just got mine today. Look forward to a new set of rims!
Keep up the good work guys. Been learning a lot since being on here!

Recall done today all 8 wheels checked no cracks, new ones on order.

Actually, i got all 4 back. Cracked and non-cracked?

The mrs. picked up the truck from nissan yesterday while i was at work. Look in the tray this morning and there they were all in the boxes the news ones came in.

Haha, might put them back on. Take it to a different dealer and get another 4 new wheels

The mrs. picked up the truck from nissan yesterday while i was at work. Look in the tray this morning and there they were all in the boxes the news ones came in.

Haha, might put them back on. Take it to a different dealer and get another 4 new wheels

Nice. I'll do the same. Nissan still owe me $650.00

I think your Vin would have been noted as done by Nissan though!

Yes, they would have. But it is not a Nissan recall it is a recall by the wheel manufacturer carried out by Nissan.

Whats to say that i didn't buy the wheels as extras or online. I don't actually plan on putting them back on, but one with less honest intentions, could quite easily do it an score an extra set.

The fact remains that if an item (any item) is recalled for safety reasons it should not be given back to the customer (at all if it is replaced) or until it is made safe.

The fact remains that if an item (any item) is recalled for safety reasons it should not be given back to the customer (at all if it is replaced) or until it is made safe.

That's what makes me wonder about those getting told to come back when Nissan have stock, it seems like Nissan are setting themselves up for a potential problem if a checked rim is ok today but cracks tomorrow. But their legal teams are better than mine and they will have all this stuff sorted out long before people's rims were getting checked. It's my guess that there has been very few incidents of accident due to the rims and that the rim manufacturers are fairly confident the problems wont lead to accidents but like I say their legal teams are better than mine.

They probably have to account for them with head office and the manufacturer as well as them being a potential safety risk. The manufacturer probably wants them back to melt them down and make them into something else, I know I would if it was my business.

Just as well you hadn't been quick at making that trailer.

I imagine it is warranty claim. Like with any warranty the shop can't get the money for the dodgey item without poviding the dodgey item as proof.

As for the trailer, i was supposed to pick it up on the 29th, but the company making it, stuffed up the dates. Purchase invoice said 29th. But the sale/build invoice said 5th.

So i will go back to the original plan of 8 steel rims

Yeah someone has to pay and without proof the payee is always going to have a point of arguement.

Was some steelies for a D40 on ebay last night, think they were only $200 for 4 (can't remember)

Latest posts

Back