recovery hook

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2C: A hook on either side with an equalizer strap to spread the load seems like a good idea to me.
Also i'm not in the habit of getting a 3k run up to smash a bogged car out anyway. If it's that bogged enough that it won't budge with medium effort then it's probably a good time to start digging etc

i remember it was a M12 but i can't remember what thread? i went with a 40 or 50mm long bolt. You'll also need a rats tail file to elongate the holes a tiny bit as the holes are drilled for the Landcruiser 100 and the navs holes are a very tiny bit wider. doesn't take too much. it goes without saying to use high tensile bolts and high tensile flat washers and spring washers. Oh and don't be concerned about making the hole elongated as the GU factory hook had one round hole and one elongated as standard.

edit : M12x1.25 bolts

Diggin up an old thread here. Was reading up about recovery points, noticed above that Al mentioned the holes are for a 100 series. Hmm, interesting, I'll have to try and get to a 4b store next week and have a look. If that's the case then there's a heap of hooks that would work, instead of... none.
Anyone know anything about this?

I was looking for anything with holes close to, from memory, 70mm centres which is what the captive nuts are at.

Yeah fair call Heath, Al reckons they fit, mentions it again on pg 3, I'll see if I can find anymore out and get back to you..

I'm sure they are out there, I just couldn't find them. In the end I got the outback ideas ones, evidently one of the last few sets. They are really heavy duty, but expensive for what they are.

Yeah these are basically them but just not labelled for D22 I think, prices seem similar as well. Weird really.

one hook is finally installed.

d22hook.jpg

d22hook2.jpg

d22hook3.jpg

still to be tidied up but you get the idea.
was looking at welding a gusset on the angle iron to brace it up a bit more.
mind you its proberly fine like that, that steel is thicker than the sides of the chassi combined.

hey guys i wouldn't have any of these tow hooks because i have had 3 snap on me just on normal pulling they brake at the curve of the hook i would not recomend these

Latest posts

Back