Redarc duel battery issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94edxr

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a novice when it comes to duel battery systems. I have a 05 d22 that has a duel batt system. It has a redarc sbi12 in the front and my aux battery is mounted in a box in the back tub. I have just purchased a fridge freezer and have found when I turn my ute off the fridge stays on for approx 5 mins. The little red led on the redarc stays on for the same time. After 5 mins or so the led turns off and my fridge turns off as well. The isolator is shutting my aux battery off hence my fridge turns off. Can someone please help me out to fix this fault. Thanks

Sounds like your 2nd battery (in the tub) is dead and as soon as the sbi12 disconnects the fridge goes out. you need some decent cable back to the 2nd battery and bring the -ive back and bolt to the same location as one of the other battery. Do NOT run your earth to ground via the metal in the tub.
My assumption here is that the fridge is running off the 2nd battery.

Last edited:
check and clean all the connections and battery terminals check while running the aux battery is getting at least 13.8 volts you can also get a load test done to see if the aux bat is cactus as juju suggested sounds like it's running off the cranker and the fridge shuts down when the redarc isolates the two. dirty terminals are a common problem over time maby the aux is getting no charge

Thanks guys. I got it tested and the aux battery was stuffed. All good now

Now have a charge test done (free) at the second battery to ensure it is getting sufficient charge and you dont kill it too.

Glad you sorted it out.

Latest posts

Back