Rego cost.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pfft everyone should just dodge up a Vic address.
Half priced rego and no yearly Roadworthys!!!

pfft everyone should just dodge up a Vic address.
Half priced rego and no yearly Roadworthys!!!

Haha I wonder how long it'd take them to work out there's an unusually high amount of Navaras all of a sudden being registered in Victoria.

Well Dave, I suppose this bitching and moaning means you wont be paying mine even if I give you a month or so to save up?

Na mate, think Ill pass.

Id hate to be paying rego for a truck. I cant imagine there cheap.

Nah I meant my ute, I don't own any trucks anymore, but it's nothing to be paying $15K in rego fees for truck and trailer.

In Western Australia. When i bought my D22 for $25,500 i paid $736.65 in transfers, And just renewed my rego for 12 months and paid $534 for private.

Insurance for me yearly was $1050.

Brett

Agree A.C.T is a rip (near on $1000), but we can pay 3, 6, or 12 months, I still go 12 but at least the Nav doesn't have to go over the pits every year.

Come to think of it, almost all states are a rip-off!!!!

Geez we really are the nanny state. Nanny must pay a large portion of our rego and ignore you lot because I'm well under $1000 per year for rego and full comprehensive insurance.

Dont mean to rub it in, But just checked my nav reg $428.10. And for the condition of the roads i have the privilege of driving on i think thats too much

That's the mistake most people make it's not payment for the privilege of driving on the road, that's your license fee. Rego is a payment to ensure VR always has the highest paid fattest arsed bureaucrats sitting in the board room able to make stupid decisions at the drop of a hat which effect the whole state. These sort of people don't come cheap, and they get paid by the number of stupid ideas they come up with so looking at it that way rego is really a bargain.

That's the mistake most people make it's not payment for the privilege of driving on the road, that's your license fee. Rego is a payment to ensure VR always has the highest paid fattest arsed bureaucrats sitting in the board room able to make stupid decisions at the drop of a hat which effect the whole state. These sort of people don't come cheap, and they get paid by the number of stupid ideas they come up with so looking at it that way rego is really a bargain.

You are correct, It also pays for dodgy company,s building roads . I drove on the new stretch of western highway at anthony,s cutting a few days after it opened and f#%k me speed restriction,s and patching what looked to be a f#$king POTHOLE

Atleast they patch your roads, the 40 odd ks between my place and the farms they have just given up on and most of it hasn't even seen a patching crew in 4 years let alone a new bit. Although in defense of VR it's not all highway or arterial and therefore not all their responsibility but doesn't change the fact that no one is maintaining it.

That,s the thing you can,t blame vic roads crews. As a friend pointed out it,s the section,s on the western highway done by contractor,s that are crap.

Nah I meant my ute, I don't own any trucks anymore, but it's nothing to be paying $15K in rego fees for truck and trailer.

Yeah mate I know you dont have the truck anymore.

$15,000 is rediculous. Id love to know how they justify that.

More wheels, more rubber, more real estate taken up, more supposed congestion, more supposed damage to the road and the fact that usually vehicles paying that much are doing it to make money so it's only fair they share more of that with the government.

It's fairly bad but it's absolutely terrible when you take into account some companies who have in excess of 100 tractors and probably 200 trailers on the road.

I have just paid $681.90 for one years rego in QLD. Bit to much in my opinion but still a hell of a lot cheaper than NSW and our roads do get maintained, once in a blue moon but the still get it.
Some of the roads around the Gold Coast have so many pot hole repairs you can't tell what is the original part of the road and what is a patch.
Some of our other roads have been roadwork areas for the past year and a bit, never getting better but always getting changed.

Oh shit this reminds me my rego papers have been sitting on the desk for about 5 weeks now, probably should pay the thing before I go away or I might be in for a surprise.

Latest posts

Back