Should smokers pay for everyones hospital's ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should smokers foot the bill for Rudds magical health plan ?

• No go get !@#$%^ Rudd.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Yes.

Votes: 37 59.7%

• Total voters
farc the goverment im a taxpayer and if i want to smoke its my choice!if they want to save money how about they do mandatory drug tests to stay on the doll! people often have to get drug tests to make money to pay for free loading drug addicts!

so your the man they call the vintage post "Great Resurrector"

To all the non smokers Happy for ya
To all the ex smokers I respect you as you were able to kick the habit
To all the smokers me included ,, if the government put as much effort into running quit programs then that would help more people the most
To all those who say yeah make us pay well have you considered how many people die who have never smoked but die from issues usually related to a smoker?My father passed 12 months ago from what would normally be a smokers disease but never smoked a day in his life

Bottom line kiddies
You say smokers cost billions per year well I am willing to bet the taxes we already pay on our smokes is way more than the so called costs to the health system
How many people die from diseases related to Diesel fumes
How many die from Electrically related issues?
How many die on our roads?

Will anything bring back or friends and relatives ?
Nope
Will extra taxes even go towards a cure?
Not a chance but I bet the Pollies will give themselves yet another pay rise for being so good
Anyone who believes that the costs we pay to supposedly cover the issues actually goes towards that problem is dreaming.

You really want to make a difference to the health system then make all the dole bludgers get a job and pay for everything just like the rest of us .They are the biggest leeches on our society.

Funny how many smokers popped up in news papers a few weeks back when that uni study concluded that if the government actually paid smokers to give up they'd actually consider giving up.

I got a Champix perscription the other day.

I am just sick to death of paying taxes on everything I fucken do.

Labor's answer to everything. Tax, Tax, Tax, Tax, Tax, Tax.

It will fix everything. DOWN WITH LABOR.

Na, its a drug that makes you not wanna smoke.

Been on it before, but stopped as the ex was being a stupid bitch more then usual.

Dave said:
Na, its a drug that makes you not wanna smoke.

Been on it before, but stopped as the ex was being a stupid bitch more then usual.

Is it any good? I've heard mixed reviews

Works good mate, you gotta eat before you have a tablet though.

Other wise you feel like utter shit, it goes for 6 months now.

One of my best mates quit on it, he smoked for 15 years.

Hasn't had a smoke in 3 years.

Dave said:
Works good mate, you gotta eat before you have a tablet though.

Other wise you feel like utter shit, it goes for 6 months now.

One of my best mates quit on it, he smoked for 15 years.

Hasn't had a smoke in 3 years.

I might have to speak to the doc and get me some of that then... My asthma is back with a vengeance

Yeah I never really got asthma, but al this dust is doing it to me.

My sister got me a puffer which helps.

Wanna get back into riding to.

There is several versions of the drug, the doc should tell you which is suitable but they helped my old man quit after nearly 50 years of smoking. I don't remember how long he took the drugs for but he'd given up smoking in about a week and by 4 weeks he'd lost all cravings for smokes and still to this day doesn't even get cravings while standing around other smokers. They are pretty much just like any other mind altering drug however they've had to make several different versions to allow for different allergies and ailments people suffer from.

Dave you just have to remain committed to giving up and you'll be fine, think of it like this forum, you keep giving up on us :ha:

sorry im a smoker and have had a few go's at quitting but they'll go up a long way before i give up, and before anyone else wants me to give up. (have been known to get little short with co workers at times) , However im a miner in qld and if they wanna take there 60 thousand dollars in taxfrom me EVERY YEAR than find some other way too get ur money cause ur ripping me enough. stop ripping the blokes that have a goo and pick on the dolies and the no hopers a bit more. I work for my money.

However im a miner in qld and if they wanna take there 60 thousand dollars in taxfrom me EVERY YEAR than find some other way too get ur money cause ur ripping me enough.

Umm, you need to look at a few tax lurks if you are really paying that much tax.

If the job is secure(?), negative gearing on investment properties is always a good one. especially when the tenants actually start paying it off after a few years.

Just make sure you do not join any "scheme" where the guy advising you to do it is getting a commission(always dodgy)

Yep there going to tax them out of existance.

Be difficult to ban them outright with smoking rates still in the high teens percentage wise but if they could get it down to just a couple of percent it could become a very real reality.

If you do the research the indisputable and conclusive evidence is that health costs incured from people smoking far exceed any tax revenues gained from tabbaco sales.

Plain packaging will not stop people like yourself who feel that you have smoked far to long to quit. However if it stops anyone from taking it up or one person from quiting it's a good thing. Not only that it doesn't cost the goverment 1 cent to do it.

If they wanna get rid of them, ban the !@#$%^& things.

Speed kills apparently, but instead of building decent roads. They buy more !@#$%^& speed camera's.

Alcohol, ban the !@#$%^& stuff.

Taxing stuff doesn't make a !@#$%^& difference.

Making it harder for the average Joe to buy a gun, how often do you hear of the average Joe shooting up the nieghbourhood ?

Criminals dont register there gun's, they never will.

The courts are a !@#$%^& joke, Good Behaviour bonds for everyone.

Latest posts

Back