remote start car alarm sense wire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Been trying a few different searches, and I cant seem to find anything on it soooo...
Im going to hook up a car alarm with remote start, and instructions only show a hook up on a petrol engine. Has a start sense wire which requires hook up to know when engine fires up, anyone know where to hook up on a zd30? Maybe a tacho output somewhere.
Thanks

Hi. I don't know what alarm you have but a few years ago I installed an Avital alarm (can't remember the model) with two way pager and remote start etc into my pulsar.

The Avital had a start sense wire that you hook up to one of the tacho wires to sense engine rpm however on that particular model it also had the ability to monitor the battery voltage to determine if the engine was running or not so the tacho wire wasnt necessary, so I never hooked it up as it would have been way too much stuffing around.

Nuckin futs, For diesels the Avital also had a wire that you hooked up to the glow plug indicator light, so it would turn the ignition on but would wait until the glow plug light went out before it would start cranking.

Mine is a spy 5000, but as far as I know the start sence requires to be wrapped around a ignition lead, which isnt possible on a diesel... so not to shaw what to do atm

Latest posts

Back