SANOG First Outing - Gathering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dates for the SANOG Gathering

• 19th December 2010

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16th January 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thanks Will that looks good is going to be a great day i say even for those of us less experienced guys... and Boss i want to get A into G but not sure how i want to mount it yet so will be taking old faithfull hand held... just got to find her in the shed!!!

... and Boss i want to get A into G but not sure how i want to mount it yet so will be taking old faithfull hand held... just got to find her in the shed!!!

I am sure we'd all be more than happy to suggest possible locations for the unit at Saunders :smile:

Was out there today doing a 4wd course for work. Same old Same old.

Heaps and heaps of rabbits. Wonder he wants some help getting rid of em.

Hi Will

ive got a mate or two that want to come along to0 will. ...one prado and an x trail. do we pay on the day, or need to pay b4?

james

Hi guys. I'd be keen to tag along for this one. I'm in Paralowie and will also go through Birdwood.

Sounds good mate, also if you're unaware, there's an SANOG group page so we can stay in easy contact after this trip is done.

http://www.navara.asia/groups/south-aus-navara-owners-group.html link here.

Hi Will

ive got a mate or two that want to come along to0 will. ...one prado and an x trail. do we pay on the day, or need to pay b4?

james

This is shaping up to be a great first trip, I count 13 cars so far.

Here's the crew (so far):driver:
Will (D22) + Discovery
Bosshog (D40)
Ronnie (D21) + 2 x Patrol + Prado
Jayk (D40) + Prado + X-Trail
Mac Factor (D40)
Grumpy D22 (D22)
Team Kiwi (D40)

I'm thinking of getting there around 10.30, so leave Adelaide at around 9am. I thought that way we'd have enough time to get there, pay, meet & greet with each other, air down our tyres, etc and discuss how we'll attack the trail.

dos anyone have other thoughts on this?:feedback:

dos anyone have other thoughts on this?:feedback:

This all sounds great to me Will and i am looking forward to this day. Butr i do have to say one thing with Tyre's can i say will someone have compressor to help out ... still new to this and just getting to know what i need to put together to get good at the 4x4 thing... will be great to start the list and add more....

Apart from that i think great day will be had just need to get some sambo's and maybe a bevvy in the fridge for the day...

but the only thing i can think of is is this place hard to find? If so would it pay to say meet in Birdwood and head out together? the only other thing i am looking forward to is maybe one day having an overnighter!!!!

Mac_factor said:
will someone have compressor to help out ...

but the only thing i can think of is is this place hard to find? If so would it pay to say meet in Birdwood and head out together? the only other thing i am looking forward to is maybe one day having an overnighter!!!!

I'll be bringing a compressor, happy to let you use it. I think Gus mentioned he'd be bringing one too. (??? Gus).

I think it's pretty well sign posted, but I don't mind meeting somewhere like birdwood.

An overnighter is a good idea, but we needed to start somewhere.

This all sounds great to me Will and i am looking forward to this day. Butr i do have to say one thing with Tyre's can i say will someone have compressor to help out ... still new to this and just getting to know what i need to put together to get good at the 4x4 thing... will be great to start the list and add more....

Apart from that i think great day will be had just need to get some sambo's and maybe a bevvy in the fridge for the day...

Don't worry about being a beginner - we've all been there. Just turn up bring the family, some lunch and have a good time. Oh and it is easy to find.

I'll be bringing a compressor, happy to let you use it. I think Gus mentioned he'd be bringing one too. (??? Gus).

I think it's pretty well sign posted, but I don't mind meeting somewhere like birdwood.

An overnighter is a good idea, but we needed to start somewhere.

Yes I'll be bringing my compressor which all can use and only too happy to assist with setting appropriate tyre pressures.

Agreed an overnighter needs to be done, but we gotta start somewhere.

Looking forward to it.

Gus

good work crew!!!!! i have a compressor and recovery gear as well bar a winch, so happy to help those who need it. for the northern crew im happy to meet up at birdwood as well, just a thought, what about the caltex at the st agnes shops at the top of northeast road, for a starting point, so we can fuel up, eat brekky, bags of ice, etc then its only up the hill to saunders?
also just noticed on their website, they wont allow awd vehicles on the track, only vehicles with low range. so if we are bringing mates with other cars make sure to let them know, so no one misses out on the fun!

Only a week till the trip guys. The long range forecast is looking like we'll be getting some superb weather (sat 11th says 24 partly cloudy).

great stuff! ....so what time are we meeting at saunders fellas?, and also do you know if we can use a gass bbq yet?

The weather is "25 fine mostly sunny". It doesn't get much better than that! I'd say gas bbq's should be ok, but might pay to give them a call just in case.
I reckon we should try to get there around 10:00. We also need firm numbers so we're not left waiting for no-shows or head off before everyone is there & ready.

So can everyone please confirm later during the week ( probably Friday or Saturday) if they are definitely coming and any mates who are too. We don't want anyone to miss out because they had trouble getting there on time.

Cheers guys.

hi fellas, is there any chance we can make the meetup at 10.30am at saunders?. one of my mates comming with me has to drop his young fella off with his mum at around 9am...? sorry! only 12 months old, so he can't come!

Latest posts

Back