Scanguage II

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na I forgot to post back up, there site says it works on the ZD30 powered Patrol non CRD.

Dont work on mine so Ill send it back or sell it.

Just gotta find something to work on the non CRD stuff.

Dave.

I have put one in and again I had to use it in GAS mode to get fuel readings. I sent an email off to their tech support guy who got back to me very quickly with the answer:

We have been contacted by a few other 2008 D22/SGII owners recently and they have provided extra compatibility information and have also noted that the fuel consumption side of the SGII does not work if the SGII is set to diesela or dieselb. To get the fuel consumption working they have set the SGII fuel type to “GAS” and recalibrated the SGII again over a few tank fulls and they report that it works perfectly set to this mode once calibrated. This is a strange solution but so far it seems to have solved the problem.

Also note that the SGII will not show any readings on the MAP gauge as the D22 only uses a MAF sensor.

On some D40 Narvaras (only about 20% of Navara owners we have sold to) in order to get the SGII to connect, the owners have had to change the SGII PIDS setting from ALL to SUPPORTED. Could you try changing the PIDS setting while still using the diesela fuel setting and see if it gets the fuel consumption readings working.

We have not had any 2009+ D22 owners report this lack of fuel consumption readings on their SGII (in fact no 2009 owners have left us any feedback!) so we can only assume that there may be some changes to the ECU in the later models and they correctly report fuel consumption when set to diesela.

All in all a great bit of gear, and happy that the true road speed is shown on it.

Great...
just thought I'd have a look at this thread finaly
and I,m sold.
MUST get me one too.

Selling now for $189 plus post and
also carrying Firmware V3.17 update.

Can the display colours be changed on the one unit or do you have to pick out the 1 colour prior purchasing?

Where have you guys been mounting them in the D22.

Cheers.

The colours are changed via the menu in the unit. I have mine mounted on the dash just in front of the indicator stalk.

theres about 20 different colours to choose from which you can change in the unit itself, no need to order a specific colour

EDIT: blah, jason beat me to it! i refreshed, saw no reply to replied...dodgy internet

Hi Guys,

I noticed you guys talking about your Speedo's which are out, and therefor the Odo's are out too.

I was talking to a mate of mine (Auto lecki) and we were talking about speedo over reading. He had a mate who sells a small electronic box which rectifies the speedo difference to read correctly. Apparently the guys sells hundreds of them for Toyota's up in the mines.

When asked about the Navara's, he said there is an issue with the Navs because the black box alters Speedo and Odo the same, by percentage. His advice was that the Navara's have accurate Odo's but over reading speedo's and by adding the black box, it will make the Odo read incorrectly.

All this for a mere $220, I didn't think my speedo over reading was an issue, especially when I just use the GPS speedo.

Food for thought,

DJ

Hi Guys,

I noticed you guys talking about your Speedo's which are out, and therefor the Odo's are out too.

I was talking to a mate of mine (Auto lecki) and we were talking about speedo over reading. He had a mate who sells a small electronic box which rectifies the speedo difference to read correctly. Apparently the guys sells hundreds of them for Toyota's up in the mines.

When asked about the Navara's, he said there is an issue with the Navs because the black box alters Speedo and Odo the same, by percentage. His advice was that the Navara's have accurate Odo's but over reading speedo's and by adding the black box, it will make the Odo read incorrectly.

All this for a mere $220, I didn't think my speedo over reading was an issue, especially when I just use the GPS speedo.

Food for thought,

DJ

I put on 265/75 tyres from new, so my speedo has always read exactly the same as the GPS, but the odometer is out by 10%. So 100k's recorded is actually 110k's travelled.

Odo's being out might be annoying to some people but in general and odo being out even over several hundred thousand k's isn't really going to make a difference to a prospective buyer or trade in. Sure you can advise the next buyer that since the speedo and odo are out the total travelled k's is wrong but a few thousand k's isn't really going to make a difference to the overall sale price.

Having the correct speedo reading on either a Scangauge or GPS is always handy but to me knowing the trip from work to the pub is only 23 ks instead of 25 isn't really worth $220, but some people might find such stuff useful. I think Jaycar or one of those sort of companies make something similar too.

Twice in recent weeks I have passed through one of those 5km-long "Odometer Check" sections of highway.

The first time, my car agreed perfectly with the distance travelled - it clocked 5km as I passed the last sign.

The second time, it was within half of the 100metre reading limit (guessing at the time interval mentally, not 100% accurate). Since this was still fairly close to accurate, I'm now considering my Odometer to be highly accurate and my speedometer to be Politically accurate.

Twice in recent weeks I have passed through one of those 5km-long "Odometer Check" sections of highway.

The first time, my car agreed perfectly with the distance travelled - it clocked 5km as I passed the last sign.

The second time, it was within half of the 100metre reading limit (guessing at the time interval mentally, not 100% accurate). Since this was still fairly close to accurate, I'm now considering my Odometer to be highly accurate and my speedometer to be Politically accurate.

didnt know those existed? lol

need some of those over here, would be handy

didnt know those existed? lol

need some of those over here, would be handy

The major difference is that in Vic (maybe NSW too) the max speed read is 117ks or something like that, in WA that would nearly have to be a minimum.

My odo is actually 7k's out over 100k's just like the speedo but it doesn't worry me much if I need accurate distance measurements I use a GPS. In actual fact going by those figures if I trade in at 100K it's actually done closer to 110K and even if I sell at a true 100K which will show 93K on the odo it's not like it's going to make a huge difference on the price.

Problem is tho,
we cant get 2 people to agree between what their odo's are reading against their speedo's.[end].

I do know though, that nissan wont come to the party in correcting speedo readings even though its law for them to do so if the customer so requests,

and thus not wanting to hijack this thread, thats all noted in another thread here.

So, one has to fall back on that wonderfull gadget "SCANGAUGE II" for those that want a true speed reading along with all the other wonderfull wizardry,
and for that matter the ever usefull GPS.

Along similar lines to the odo/speedo being out the other useful thing I use quite a bit on Scangauge is the fuel figures.

I'm not overly worried about LPH or averages, because I can work them out by myself, but given that the fuel gauge is also out, in that the there is alot more k's in the top half than the bottom half and the light comes on anywhere from 18 litres to 9 litres left I regularly use the "litres to empty" function on Scangauge.

My "litres to empty" at worst is only ever about 0.5 of a litre out and I've found that like so many other factors with a car shorter more stop and go traveling is more than likely to produce the small error than long distance cruising but 0.5 of a litre out is close enough for me even if it did happen all the time.

Along similar lines to the odo/speedo being out the other useful thing I use quite a bit on Scangauge is the fuel figures.

I'm not overly worried about LPH or averages, because I can work them out by myself, but given that the fuel gauge is also out, in that the there is alot more k's in the top half than the bottom half and the light comes on anywhere from 18 litres to 9 litres left I regularly use the "litres to empty" function on Scangauge.

My "litres to empty" at worst is only ever about 0.5 of a litre out and I've found that like so many other factors with a car shorter more stop and go traveling is more than likely to produce the small error than long distance cruising but 0.5 of a litre out is close enough for me even if it did happen all the time.

So i take it that your finding the 'litres to empty' is quite accurate.
Has this been proven to you over many tankfulls?
Has/can the unit display K's to empty also,
as my fuel gauge light come on at 3/4 used mark.

Latest posts

Back