Scratch prevention

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
What's everybody doing to prevent all the trees giving pinstripes to paint work lol. Just starting to head out bit more and have already got fair few of them down the side of my car. (Majority should come out with a polish just seem to be in clear coat) . I know some people say use the car for what it's for but being a new black car still don't want it destroyed if I can prevent it. Friend of mine can wrap in vinyl but costly and not really the most protection either. Have another idea of being able to get rolls of magnet like they use for car signs (can get cheap) and cut few panels just for both sides. Throw them on when heading out and off when back ten minutes prep work seems worth it.

Anyone else have any other ideas of what they have done??

Lol, don't mind the odd thing that happens naturally but being a new car wouldn't mind preventing majority of damage.

I've seen brush bars but unless you're travelling at ridiculous speeds, the branches are going to bounce back and gouge the paintwork even more. Your idea of those magnetic "tiles" is an interesting one, you might make it look like the space shuttle but they'd be effective as long as they held on.

You could always use a clear plasti-dip. Good scratch prevention, can peel off when tired of it or put a new coat on when it starts to look shabby.
Just a thought :smile:

I've seen brush bars but unless you're travelling at ridiculous speeds, the branches are going to bounce back and gouge the paintwork even more. Your idea of those magnetic "tiles" is an interesting one, you might make it look like the space shuttle but they'd be effective as long as they held on.
Yeah they are happening from front to back of car down whole side so doubt they will help much. Idea of magnets is to cut them rough shape of panels, four doors, front and rear guards. Will only put them on when heading out bush then back off again when home, so not to fussed with the looks just to prevent at least majority of major scratches. Shouldn't take more then ten minutes to put on each time.

You could always use a clear plasti-dip. Good scratch prevention, can peel off when tired of it or put a new coat on when it starts to look shabby.
Just a thought :smile:
This did cross my mind also, was only leaning towards magnets as I thought will be more durable and car will still be normal when not in use.

This did cross my mind also, was only leaning towards magnets as I thought will be more durable and car will still be normal when not in use.

Fair enough but I think most people have been surprised by how durable the plati-dip is and the clear shouldn't change the look too much. You might be surprised how much magnets can scratch up your car too, especially if they move or the panel isn't perfectly clean when you put them on. Seen a few business/personal cars with perfect rectangular scratches where they fit and remove the magnetic signs.

Fair enough but I think most people have been surprised by how durable the plati-dip is and the clear shouldn't change the look too much. You might be surprised how much magnets can scratch up your car too, especially if they move or the panel isn't perfectly clean when you put them on. Seen a few business/personal cars with perfect rectangular scratches where they fit and remove the magnetic signs.
Might give it another thought if it's meant to be that durable. Yeah the magnets can also scratch if there's dirt underneath etc.. Although not planning to keep them on permanently only when heading out offroad.

What I do is I polish the car b4 any outing so the paint is as slippery as possible it won't eliminate the scratching but it will reduce it a fair amount. I also do this when I am going to the beach its stops the sand from sticking

Latest posts

Back