Second Battery tray for a 2012 (Jap)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krankin said:
I've recently bought the pass side factory tray for my '08....tho I've not had time to do the tray/batt install yet...it does fitt...youll need to screw or rivet it in...it comes primer black so paint it your paint colour if you so wish.
pm Nizzbits...he has the info now from when I was ordering my stuff

Krankin,

Have you got a pic of how the tray fits in the engine bay? I've had a bit of a look, does anything need to be moved? It looks like the air intake could be in the way, unless I'm going about it the wrong way.

Cheers,

Ben

Krankin,

Have you got a pic of how the tray fits in the engine bay? I've had a bit of a look, does anything need to be moved? It looks like the air intake could be in the way, unless I'm going about it the wrong way.

Cheers,

Ben

Heya mate, gimme a few days and I'll sort out some pics for ya.

So after a bit of a mishap I have the battery tray.
It is all installed in the car and working like a charm,

The tray arrived 2 days before i was to set out on an extended trip. We have been on that trip for a few days with no hassles with the fridge or lighting.

1.jpg

The tray fit perfectly in the position it was supposed to. I helped it along with 2 bolts that went into the already threaded holes.
The tray is wet as it was raining all day while i was doing this.

2.jpg

The Battery installed all cosy in there. I went down the road of a deep cycle battery from Century that should do that job.

3.jpg

All wired up. There is a 100A breaker on this side to stop anything nasty going on. it heads over to a Redarc Battery isolator.

The reason it is wet is it was purring rain all day while i was doing it.

Battery installed in a 2012 Nissan Navara D22 (Jap)

Looks good...I went to the local "very helpful" Nissan dealer and he found the part number of a Thai battery holder..said there were none in the country, could not say it would fit a Jap built d22 STR....said he could special order it out of japan and the grand cost would be $40....sounds ok.

what part number do you have Geo ?..also does not look like a 12" battery==more like a 10"

Hey gazza414,
The part number i used was :NI-64130-3S100
I ordered mine through nizzbits, although it was not quite as cheap as you describe.
Not quite sure what size the battery i have is, if your really interested i can have a look at it tomorrow.
Cheers

Krankin,

Cheers,

Ben

there ya go Ben...see pics.....Geo beat me too it....thats the tray, genuine nissan and a fair bit cheaper than those aftermarket jobs.

Looks good will snorkel still fit with that there

Sure does mate, you can see it in the second pic, the black thing in the top right hand corner.

The D23RT battery from Century is the one i have in there and there is still plenty of room either side for a larger one if you wanted.

Hey gazza414,
The part number i used was :NI-64130-3S100
I ordered mine through nizzbits, although it was not quite as cheap as you describe.
Not quite sure what size the battery i have is, if your really interested i can have a look at it tomorrow.
Cheers

thanks very much..much appreciated

Krankin said:
there ya go Ben...see pics.....Geo beat me too it....thats the tray, genuine nissan and a fair bit cheaper than those aftermarket jobs.

Cheers mate,

Looks similar to how I've put mine in, have to sort out the other side of the tray now, only one side is bolted down. Haven't had a chance to finish it of yet. Will have a bit more of a play around, it looks like one of the other holes at the bottom of the tray should line up with a pre drilled hole in the wheel arch?

Ben

Ben

it looks like one of the other holes at the bottom of the tray should line up with a pre drilled hole in the wheel arch?

Ben

I had to use the Makita to make some new ones myself.
You might be lucky though.
6mm bolts from memory

Back