Shonky's STR [No longer Shonky's Navara - SOLD]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice river crossing and great pics, let me know if you want to get rid of those roof bars. Dunno if postage would make it feasible though?

Hehe, not sure I can get rid of the roof bars, if I take the tracks for them off then I got holes in my roof that will need to be fixed, so I think I'll hang on to em.

Fair enough. Didn't even think of that! I totally forgot that Navara's don't have gutters!

Went out for another run today up in the Vic High Country, this time out round Jamieson down to Woods Point and coming out at Warburton.

At the top of Mt. Terrible.
IMG_0403.jpg

The Woods Point Service Station.
IMG_0411.jpg

Crossing the Goulburn River on Sappers Tk.
100_2498Small.jpg

Some nice pics Dave.

Were is that in Vic, just outside of Melbourne ?

Looks like a really nice area.

Dave.

From my place to Mansfield it's 200ks, where we came out at Warburton was about 100ks from home, with about 180ks done in the hills, that river crossing isn't far out from Kevington along the Jamieson-Licola Rd. Was a pretty easy day, Sappers track was a good one, a lot of the other tracks we did had been graded since we were up there last which made it more of a cruise, still a lot of low range driving though, even though the tracks were in good nick, it's pretty steep country.

3'' pipe

nice work
is the 3'' pipe worth the $$
what have you gained?
Something ive wanted to do for a while, just need a reason (the wife said so)

G'day Glen,

I reckon the exhaust is worth the money, I can't really say if it affects fuel consumption as I don't do enough long trip to get a good idea but it certainly helps with getting the boost on earlier, it frees the engine up a bit, acceleration is better, and the exhaust temps are lower which should lead to longer engine life.

With regards to size, go for 2.75", 3" is a bit tight, and I don't think there would be any benefit over the 3", if you want it quiet go with a straight through muffler, or if you don't mind a little noise go with no muffler.

ill second what shonky said, the exhaust is deffinetly worth it.

Had another weekend away wheeling up in the Vic high country, only 1 photo so far, will add more as I find the energy to edit them.

This was taken on Cobbler Lake Tk on the way up to Lake Cobbler.
IMG_3284.jpg

Shonky what camera are you using.

Have you done a photography course ?

Some good pic's on this thread.

Dave.

Cheers Dave, Canon EOS 400D wiith a few different lenses, that was with the 12-24mm. No photography course, only what I've learned from reading different articles on the net.

Nice pic Shonky,i was up that way as well on the weekend,i was looking at the Cobler lake track on my map and see it has a section called the staircase.Do you think a standard height d40 could get through that section of the track?

Yeah standard height D40 would get through, but you would have to take it easy, I mis-timed one of the steps and smacked the front cross member pretty hard on a rock, there were plenty of stock vehicles doing it, we passed a bunch of stock late model Pajero's on the way back down that got up ok, no idea if they did any damage.

Thanks Shonky,i will probably head back up at easter,looks like the bash plates will get a bit more of a work out.

Latest posts

Back