Shonky's STR [No longer Shonky's Navara - SOLD]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_2684Small.jpg

100_2690Small.jpg

100_2691Small.jpg

Sad to see the Navara gone, tidy truck but life goes on.

Good luck with the GQ, (just hoping you buy another Nissan and not a Yota).

Dave.

Had a look at it, drive train felt good, damn its slow but that was expected, but it has power windows and I've been told by the mate that did the roady on the Nav to avoid GQs with power windows because you can't get any of the switches and motors for them if they pack up, you can only get 2nd had bits that may pack up in a week, or a few years.

Got a few others to look at still, but it appears nobody wants to answer their phone on a Saturday.

Tidy truck, about the power windows Ill ask my brother. His boss can track any part down as he is a panel beater.

I reakon you would be able to get parts still.

Dave.

Ok, looked at 4 and driven 3 this weekend, the one I linked before is pretty clean but it didn't seem to have the torque of the others I drove, the other 2 had 33s and 32s on them and both drove better, 2nd one has had a fairly hard time but was scary on the road, had the sway bars removed and was real floaty in the rear end, almost felt like the panhard bushes were rooted but they looked ok, 3rd one I really liked until I took it for a drive and found the air con didn't work, and 2nd and 3rd gear both had a whine, which was surprising as this one only had 218,000ks on it, which indicates maybe a lack of maintenance as the 2nd one I drove had 325,000ks on it and the gearbox in that was quiet. Got couple more to look at still, one being a trol, and one being an 80 series.

G'day Shonky, you've probably already answered this elsewhere. I noticed on your sig that you've made a deposit on an 80 series, did you get it?? Tell us about it !! Details mate!!

Cheers Brad

Yeah I did put a deposit on an 80, I've done about 1500kms looking for cars, all the ones I looked at had been treated like crap, then I came across this one, female driver, serviced every 10k, always garaged when home.......well you get the idea, I picked it up last night, now just gotta fix up a couple of things for the roadworthy and transfer it into my name.

It looks black in the pics, but it is mica green.

5323518.jpg

5323512.jpg

5323514.jpg

Looks good.

Can you put a PTO on them like the 75 series ?

Atleast its got the strong gearbox unlike the 1HZ 80 series.

Dave.

Not sure if you can put a PTO on these, not that I'd need it, still got the winch out of the Nav, just a pity the bar on the cruiser is not a winch bar, so when funds allow I'll look at changing it over.

I'm happy for you mate! Looks tidy. I was seriously looking into an 80 series before I settled on the Navara. There is alot to be said when you pull up to look at a vehicle thats for sale and the owner hasn't even bothered to give it a half a clean, it sorta gives an indication of how the power plant was looked after (IMHO)! Looks like you've scored there mate!

I know what you mean Nev, I looked at around 40 cars before settling on this one, out of that many cars, only this one and one other was actually clean, the rest were still filthy inside and out, and had something wrong with them mechanically that they couldn't be bothered fixing, when I found something wrong and explained to them what was wrong all I got was "Oh, didn't know that, but it still drives fine", its at this point I walked away from every one of them because it just showed me that they weren't interested in maintaining the vehicle and were only just driving it into the ground.

Good work on the Nav bro,
I'm new on here and doing alot to mine now.
well you did a good job for the owner of it now

Latest posts

Back