Show the temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
we have found that in all the 4x4 you can add a sensor and it will show the outside air temp on the dash just under the clock. On the 4x2 its a bit of a dodge to get it working but still easy enough to do .Cost is $99 Aus for the sensor

12102008067.jpg

Basically yes the Pathy top model has it , not all do. All you have to do is install the sensor and reset the dash and thats it .Sensor is $99 and all 4x4 are prewired for it. $x2 have to have some minor wiring done but its not hard to do .

Like I said above its really very simple. Once you buy the sensor you plug that into the connector in front of the radiator.Then either pull the fuses to the dash
or
disconnect the battery.
The actual functionality is already inbuilt into the dash . All it needs is the sensor to make it happen

This is what we did in the other forum . If you read through the miles of posts it shows how we found out exactly what was needed
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f47/finalising-cabin-filters-temp-sensors-36383/index4.html

Last edited:
Guys - just taken possession of my new D40 (now have 120km on the clock) and thinking about fitting one of these sensors. Could someone who has done the job please post a photo showing the location.
Thanks
Pete

The mounting bracket for the sensor is on the center bar of the radiator support.
It does however differ on different trucks. Look threough the enter lower section of the front bar and tyou should see a bracket with a square hole in it.The connector is usually near by.
I did one on another truck and it was right there in front of the bracket . Took all of 30 secs to install it.

Just a quick question how do u set it for celcius or faranheight ?(excuse spelling)???

Basically yes the Pathy top model has it , not all do. All you have to do is install the sensor and reset the dash and thats it .Sensor is $99 and all 4x4 are prewired for it. $x2 have to have some minor wiring done but its not hard to do .
Hi there, Can I ask where can you get these sensors? Are they a Nissan thing or auto shop part?
Thanks
Navman_cruz

Hi guys
we have found that in all the 4x4 you can add a sensor and it will show the outside air temp on the dash just under the clock. On the 4x2 its a bit of a dodge to get it working but still easy enough to do .Cost is $99 Aus for the sensor

12102008067.jpg

Great find!! I'll be doing this mod as soon as i pick the new beast up next week. Do you have a Nissan part number so i can put the pressure on the dealer to supply a freebie?

Can someone point me in the right direction of a deale rwho can supply for $99 - the best i have got is $170 ...and i sure as hell reckon I can guess the temp at that price LOL

Appreciate some help...cheers

Amazing, i just rang a couple of different dealers and found prices varying from $127.00 plus gst trade, $185 plus gst retail, or $134 plus gst Wasnt told trade or retail on this one.

I think its a d40 thing aussie reckon u could let me in on where u get these cab filters n sensor cheap?

Back