Slip light flashing and ABLS after 45mm lift.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjt927

Reaction score
Hi all after a bit of info if someone has come across this issue or it sounds familiar. Ive got a 2012 ST Spanish build and when taking tight corners mostly on a winding downhill at a moderate speed the Slip light starts to flash and it makes a weird scraping/grinding noise.
Im pretty sure the noise is the ABLS coming on as a few times I've been on the brakes at the time and could feel feedback through the pedal.

Ive had a suspension kit (45mm Tough Dog) installed about 8000ls ago and no issues but in the last week the problem has started.

Im done some searching and the most common thing is wheel bearings. Ive checked both sides and I'm happy that they are still good.

It has been to nissan where they told me they have reset/recalibrated the 'G' sensor and the steering angle sensor however this made no difference. After calling them back they've told me its a common problem that happens to ALL Navaras after a lift and the only way to fix is revert back to standard.

Anyone out there come across this issues you must have because ALL lifted Navaras have this problem.

I wonder if an ABS line has been stretched or even snagged and partly damaged? Possibly an erratic connection providing the ECU with errant data about wheel rotation (no signal = wheel stopped)? It could simply have been pulled a little from the housing, so it's possibly hard to see, but a Nissan Consult device will provide information (and a mechanic with a modern workshop should have the same tools). ABS sensor outputs are used to provide data for vehicle speed, distance and wheel slip.

Alternatively it could be a faulty earth wire for the ECU, a dirty battery terminal or a dirty ABS fuse. Check the easier and cheaper ones first!

Thanks for the tip. I have removed the sensor from the hub on both sides and inspected and sensors look good. It will check for a stretched wire i dont think it has stretched because even with the wheel travel at full extension theres plenty of slack in the cable. Will check the earthing and fuses. Cheers.

i had to relocate and reweld an abs mount on the passenger side of mine when i lifted it 3 inch's because it was to high, and unhook off the top mount on both the rear abs lines because they were stretched to the max.

Latest posts

Back