Snorkle brand Poll

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand of Snorkle D40 only

• Total voters

grasshopper

Reaction score
Thought this would be a great time for a POLL on which brand snorkle the forumites chose.

ARB, TJM, Ironman, Opposite Lock, Genuine, E-bay, Other (what n where in the thread please).
Did you FIY (Fit It Yourself), or have it installed "professionally" - of course there are many and varied levels of professionalism out there...

Interesting poll, but you've listed outlets - not snorkel brands.

ARB sell Safari
TJM sell Airtec
Genuine is a badged Airtec
O/L typically fit Safari

I had the dealer install but had to take it back to have it sealed properly.

It annoyed me that I had harped on about sealing it before they took on the job, and then after taking it back, had the guy in charge of the service dept ask my wife whether I had ever owned a 4WD before, like I was some sort of dickhead.

Anyway they sealed up the box and pipework and replaced the foam on the inner guard with lashings of urathane.

Airtek from Tjm. Looks great. Airbox rattles a little but I haven't bothered to investigate. Not planning and river crossings (except for bass straight lol), only got snorkel for alleged performance increase. Keep an eye on the top clamp, they tend to come loose, tightened mine twice and noticed my mates 200 series airtek was also loose the other day.

Last edited:
I bought an elcheapo eBay one, was like $50! Instructions were pretty much non existent, just a template that didn't line up. Seeing I had never fitted a snorkel before I wasn't brave enough to chance it.

i got a tigerz11 one, looks good to me and seems to be holding up fine. Up side it only cost like $60 or something like that. Installed myself so i know the sealing is good. Sikaflex was my friend that day!

Safari, ARB installed it at the yard when they did the bar, plates and rear bar.
BUT i have a ebay cheap version ($120) on my LN106 Hilux and there is nothing wrong with it, quality is good, has HILUX embossed on the side, its now been on for three years and no fading.

So if i was looking to buy one now i would grab one of those.

I have TJM quoting me up for a snorkel this week, do you reckon its worth shopping around or are most dealers and shops pretty much the same?

For what I've found tjm is pretty cheap. ARB your looking at about $100 more and the tjm one looks really good on the car. Match the lines well.

G'day.
eBay special here. Followed ybod's detailed install from the forum. Had to shave some plastic off the casing that was a little too thick to slot together but other than that all good. On the arb cost thing, asked the missus to price install a UHF we have in the shed for her car and the antenna we supply whilest I'm working away, they quoted two hundred. Thought it was a bit much. But reading one hundred for a snorkel install sounds like some of their pricing is around the wrong way?

Cheers

Just got quoted at Superior Off Road in Smithfield NSW $369 to supply and fit a Snorkel to my D40 Navara, TJM quote should be in later today hopefully. I didn't contact ARB purely because I've heard they are expensive.

Great Products but you do end up paying top dollar.

Latest posts

Back