So what is your preferred beer?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, what is your preferred beer?

• Boags

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Blonde

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Carlton

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Cascade

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Coopers

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Emu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hahn

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Micro brewery

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other peoples

• Oversears

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pale

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Swan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tooheys

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • VB

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • XXXX

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • You didn't list me beer yabastad!

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Anyhting but

• Second Choice

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Softdrink

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Water only

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Like yourself Joe,ice cold vb for me:cheers!:,i give other brands a crack but i always return.

The last time we beat the cats was in a grand final :sarcastic:
It's been close games ever since.
Not much confidence,more hope.

I'm a home brewer, and am confident I can make a beer at least as good as anything you can buy, and minus all the chemicals, if I'm out and buy a beer it's Tooheys Extra Dry.

IMG_20111015_182606.jpg

Best way to drink it. Ice cold next to a fire.

No the best way it to drink sump oil is give it to someone else and get a real beer. Although I gotta say as a youngen we used to take stout to parties because it was the only beer other buggers would not drink out of the fridge.

I can't get enough of it. That is an upside as well, no one else touches it.
I tried Coopers stout the other week and enjoyed that to.
Gotta say though the Guinness is better in Ireland, our version just doesn't do it justice.

I used to drink Toohey's old but I grew up, now days I drink a beer called "anyone elses" it's cheap, tastes good cold and is a beer that actually saves money :big_smile:

Yeah Toohey's Old is good, bit light though. The best stout I have had is a brew called Murphy Irish Stout.

I don't mind the "anyone elses" beer but the taste can be inconsistent at best.

There is certain flavours of "everyone elses" beer that are worth knocking back but in such a situation you can afford to be picky.

Very true. I will knock back any blonde variation of "anyone elses" as they are normally a terrible brew. I do enjoy the "anyone elses" scotch whiskey though.

Coopers '62 Pilsener... great drop. Otherwise Jimmy Squire Amber Ale.

It is a very nice beer. I'm quite fond of pilseners and blonder style beers with a nice clean finish.

The beer debate will rage on forever. What does get me is the blokes who will only drink one brand. The badge drinkers. There not so much drinking it for the flavour but drinking it as they identify with the image. The image the advertising agencies and marketers have created. Don't get me wrong some mainstream beers are great at the right time. If I'm hot as hell and thirsty a VB slamed down will really hit the spot. I'm always on the lookout for somthing new and interesting. On a recent trip to Europe really got into some of the micro brewry beers there, particularly Germany. There is some amazing beers coming out there, beers to die for and some crap as well but finding out is all part of the fun.
So guys take of the blinkers in some bottle shops you can drink your way around the world without leaving your house and it's a bit of hoot doing so.

Very true. I will knock back any blonde variation of "anyone elses" as they are normally a terrible brew. I do enjoy the "anyone elses" scotch whiskey though.

Yeah gotta agree there, no idea who've invention "blonde" beer was but they can take it back where they found it and let it die a horrible death....or just sell it in yuppie areas.

Haha I drank coke at the wedding 2 weeks ago because the only drinks on offer were wine Corona and Extra Dry.

One of the kids nearly ended up with the Mother in laws scotch and coke...I think a hip flask could have been dangerous :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back