sparras build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andrew (blacknav) fitted the drawer today and that allowed me to start finishing tray setup
still got a fair bit to do
04022012455.jpg

04022012457.jpg

thanks andrew

hey sparra

do you know if the sunseeker II awning zips up to the oztent rv1-5 tents like it does to the foxwing awning?

oh and its looking good mate. i regret not getting tht style of canopy now but meh i like mine. just means i gotta do it another way.

Rusty

now that i have drawers built and ready to install it was time to fit and wire 3rd battery in tray

07022012463.jpg

07022012461.jpg

07022012464.jpg

i am hoping the alternater is up to the job of charging both optima's, as well as main battery
if its not i will convert to dc/dc charging
with 2 x 55a/h agm's i hope to get 2 days with solar backup
see how we go i guess

Looking great Ian. Did you win tatslotto mate.lol

ha ha
i wouldnt be building a d 22 if i won lotto
ide be on my 40 foot cruiser suckin a coldie while someone else built my new patrol

o/time shifts and bank manager are funding build

another busy 2 days
battery system is finished
led work light/reverse lights fitted
fridge and slide are temp installed to see how long batteries last
i filled fridge with 45 HOT cans yesterday
36 hrs later batteries seem to be ok
monitor is showing 0.2 voltage drop between 2nd and 3rd battery
showing 13,8 average while driving and 3 batts linked
i wonder if alternater can keep up long term ??
so far so good
i still need to install 65 ltr water tank in front of fridge
then carpet and trim
the end is near
beaudesert exhaust and some barwork from scotty will finish the build

09022012466.jpg

09022012467.jpg

09022012468.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good mate. What size wire did you use for the battery connecting? I am thinking of using 6B&S wire and I'm sure it will be plenty. Also whhst size circuit breaker is thdt you have? One last one, where dis you get the grey plastic box that's got all your bits in? That's a really tidy idea with keeping everything in close proximity of the fuse box.

Looking good mate. What size wire did you use for the battery connecting? I am thinking of using 6B&S wire and I'm sure it will be plenty. Also whhst size circuit breaker is thdt you have? One last one, where dis you get the grey plastic box that's got all your bits in? That's a really tidy idea with keeping everything in close proximity of the fuse box.

i used 6 b&s between batteries
i ran it in split tube and cable tied to top of chassis
everything inside box (inc box) was purchased from jaycar
main circuit breaker is 100 amp, it isolates the 2nd and 3rd battery,there is also a 100 amp fuse on 1st and 2nd battery in engine bay
2nd one b4 fuse box is 20amp (may need 30)
then down to 10 amp fuses for all except fridge,its on 15 amp fuse

Sweet thanks mate. I am putting in a 6way fuse box so I'm gonna need more the 30amp to the box. was gonna put in a 60+ breaker.

with most mods complete i thought it was time to weigh her again
before mods,full tank 2060kg
after mods with full tank and 60 ltrs water onboard,fridge ect 2380kg
still got 480 kg b4 i hit gvm of 2860
passengers=100kg
me= 95 kg
camping gear ect =150 kg
bar work= 100kg
hmmm

Last edited:
with most mods complete i thought it was time to weigh her again
before mods,full tank 2060kg
after mods with full tank and 60 ltrs water onboard,fridge ect 2380kg
still got 480 kg b4 i hit gvm of 2860
passengers=100kg
camping gear ect =150 kg
bar work maybee 50 to 75kg

Your ahead of me in the weight stakes now Sparra. Don't be surprised if the sliders and rear bar weigh a bit more than you think.

today i changed over from a std redarc isolator to a redarc bcdc 20 amp charger
would have liked the 40 amp but again ime stuck with f/all room under hood

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

i fitted bfg all terrains last week
ime now waiting on some barwork from scotty
then maybee beaudesert exhaust to finish

i have really enjoyed the last 3 mths building this nav up to a capable tourer
the end is near,or at least the bank acct is
the end result will be a reliable,capable and well equiped nav that should get us pretty much anywhere we want to go
ime very happy with build so far
there are a few things i would do differently if i had the chance to do it all again
the tub layout works well for me but i wouldn't use alum tube again,it robs you of too much space for little weight gain
the 2 aux batteries and charging set up i am really happy with,so far
zordo was great with his supply/support on the suspension upgrade and apart from a few minor adjustments with torsion bars (there still not right) i am pleased with the result
the new bfg a/t's are a huge improvment on std tyres and seem to work well on and off road
canopy from arb/ out of town 4wd is top quality along with the rhino racks,ect
big thanks to andrew (blacknav) for his help with drawers and a big thanks to old tony for only being a phone call away for great tech support
scotty has nearly finished my sliders and rear bar ,thanks mate for looking after me
ive still gotta fit a catch can somewhere ??
and ime begging the mrs to cough up with some coin to get beaudesert exhaust
cheers
sparra

i

Great build Sparra. You must let me know how the new redarc smart charger goes. It will be the upgrade to the standard sbi12 isolator that I have in now. Also have you looked at the Scotts Rods exhaust systems? Usually a couple hundred cheaper and is 3" system. Well built and very good customer service.

Rusty

Quite welcome mate, not hard to yammer away for a little while anyway!

I'd have a squiz at how much room you've got in front of the radiator, because that's a cooler place to put the catch can.

Latest posts

Back