speeding cyclist

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks.
Obviously a really stupid moron on two wheels.
It will be interesting to see if he does get binged a point as other cases (other states) haven't held up.

I had a good chuckle about this;
" She said the policeman conducting the radar operation had almost 30 years of policing experience, many as a traffic officer, and had never clocked a cyclist travelling that fast."

I wonder exactly what he as done for the last 30 years. Easily attainable on any downhill by anyone who has a high "Oh shite" factor.

" She said the policeman conducting the radar operation had almost 30 years of policing experience, many as a traffic officer, and had never clocked a cyclist travelling that fast."

I wonder exactly what he as done for the last 30 years. Easily attainable on any downhill by anyone who has a high "Oh shite" factor.

Many years ago I used to overtake cars going down a long steep hill on my weekly ride - they were going 60km plus. Older and wiser now :redcool:

I don't look at what falls out of Patrols but I do know for sure not all bike riders are trim taught and terrific.

No, your right. But that tall blonde wearing f&*k all in front of me on the way home last night certainly was :redcool:

im only going to comment this once after the shit on last thread. little kids on the foot path with mum or dad watchingand teach them to look out for cars reversing from drive ways, as for the club riders who take over the highways and main roads thay should have some form of rego and id if they cause a nussance or break any roan rules they should be fined fail to indercate fine, cross unbroken line fine, drive/ride in a manner dangerous fine. that should solve the problem with them overtaking 3 wide and just having a total disregard for other road uses. Ithink

All bicycles that use the road should have number plates and be registered. If you want to ride on the road then it is only fair that you pay to help maintain it. That way when one of these idiots scratches your car while flying past you at a red light you can note down the number and make sure he gets the bill. It may also make them more accountable for their actions.

Not sure about licenses but registration is needed for sure. Not all bikes would need to be registered, just those using the roads. If you get caught on 'main roads' without rego then you should be heavily fined.

Soft bendy number plates so that if they are in an accident the plates don't become projectiles that could decapitate an innocent by-stander who's only there to see the carnage.

If you want to ride on the road then it is only fair that you pay to help maintain it.

How much impact on the road does a bike have? And, we already pay for road maintenance through taxes (don't think for a second that rego revenues go to road maintenance). :deadhorse2:

That way when one of these idiots scratches your car while flying past you at a red light you can note down the number and make sure he gets the bill.

You could try not sitting in the bike lane. And where there is none, you could still leave adequate room for bikes.
You could bill a cyclist for alleged damage - but It'd be he said she said bullshit! :saberfighting:

It may also make them more accountable for their actions.

:yeahright: Hasn't worked for motorists.

(don't think for a second that rego revenues go to road maintenance)

Awe crap i thought it for 3 seconds.

You could try not sitting in the bike lane. And where there is none, you could still leave adequate room for bikes.

And because I thought about the previous statement for 3 seconds it allowed me ask, who pays for the bike lane? I don't ride a bike so if I can't use the bloody thing I want my money back.

I'm not talking about bike lanes. Why the hell would i have my car in a bike lane.

How about instead of leaving room in the lane i am entitled to occupy. The cyclist waits in line with the rest of the road users behind me in a single file. Pisses me off that people think because they can fit beside you they should. A single lane is for a single vehicle width. Not my car plus your shitty bike, (push or motor, both equally as annoying). If the light is red, join the que.

Awe crap i thought it for 3 seconds.

Too long, far too long - thought I made that clear

And because I thought about the previous statement for 3 seconds it allowed me ask, who pays for the bike lane? I don't ride a bike so if I can't use the bloody thing I want my money back.

I don't use the bloody roads all the time either. Nor do I use the bloody hospitals, airforce, police, airports, racetracks, trains etc etc that much - but I still gotta pay for them. It's just part and parcel of being a society

I'm not talking about bike lanes. Why the hell would i have my car in a bike lane.

Many, many cars & buses (but not trucks curiously) do sit their metal coffins in the bike lanes - even seen them traveling along straddling bike lines.

How about instead of leaving room in the lane i am entitled to occupy. The cyclist waits in line with the rest of the road users behind me in a single file. Pisses me off that people think because they can fit beside you they should. A single lane is for a single vehicle width. Not my car plus your shitty bike, (push or motor, both equally as annoying). If the light is red, join the que.

You might have a fair point - but it cuts both ways. If a bike sits in the middle of the lane, which by your logic is acceptable, then inevitably that cyclists will be abused or run down.

The bike is allowed to move down the side of standing traffic anyway - so moot point really.

But I don't use the bike lanes AT ALL (except to mow down cyclists), I don't mind paying for part time use or even a hire fee but I don't pay to be ripped off by Solar power companies because I don't have a solar panel, I don't pay to park my car in a car park because I don't park there. Why do I have to pay for a bike lane I don't use?

Then again why do I even care it's not like we have bike lanes down here.....we burn coal and pollute the air (with steam) to make spark for people to run their computers with, we don't know about green things like bike lanes.

Back